• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camping spots

wa4x4boy

Im looking for a place to go camping over east of the cascades. Just a weekend trip. Heres what im looking for

-Light wheeling, semi-stock yota's and maybe a ford explorer
-Place to go shooting, I want to go plinking
-Maybe some water near by

Its got to be close enough that my friend can get there form gonzaga and head back in a weekend.

I was thinking near Chelan, or Rosevelt, but im up for an suggestions that the board might offer.

Thanks in advance,
-Kyle

Maybe too far south for ya, but I love camping up the service road right at the Salmon la Sac campground. Drive 8 miles up a gravel road. Camp on the river. There's a big open rocky area perfect for shooting. And there's a bunch of light wheelin roads with awesome views, one of which ends at an old mine that you can crawl down in.

img1755small2gk.jpg

img1779medium9ya.jpg

The Salmon La Sac campground is closed this year to get rebuilt. You can still find several spots to camp along the road on the way in though.

At least last weekend the 4WD trails up to Van Epps Mine and Gallagher Head Lake were closed due to the Pollali Fire. If you decide to head up there you might want to call the Ranger District first. Even if they are open, the smoke in the area might make it a pretty bad trip (probably not many bugs though).

--Craig