• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camping Spots?

xjoffroad

The wife and I want to take my little cousins (9-14) camping next week. The park or area needs to have bathroom and a good swimming area. Needs to be within 2 HRS from Everett. Where should I take them? Ideas would be great!

further then you want to drive but steamboat rock state park on banks lake is nice. Even Sun lakes state park, Lake Entiat, and even Chelan are all nice

I'd suggest Deception Pass State Park, but it's usually booked a year in advance. So, my other suggestion is Washington Park in Anacortes, it's a city owned park that has all the enimities that you're looking for;

http://anacortes-realestate.com/Washington_Park.html

They haven't updated their webpage, but there are showers there now

-Leavenworth, camp off icicle creek.

My wife and I camp along here for climbing purposes....usually @ 8 mile
campground. Good luck "swimming" in the Icicle River.....I've been known to get in and OUT for washing purposes but holy smurfs is it cold. As summer goes on and the river slows it gets better but..............

Super pretty area......the alpen glow at the end of the day is sweet:cool:

Fixed my link above. I stand retarded.:redneck:

I grew up in Concrete so I like to camp up there. Dad and Mom still live there and come up on Saturday for a BBQ. Love the upper valley.

Fixed my link above. I stand retarded.:redneck:

I grew up in Concrete so I like to camp up there. Dad and Mom still live there and come up on Saturday for a BBQ. Love the upper valley.

I was born an raised in Hamilton, I also love the upper valley. Did you ever used to wheel up near Caskey lake?

Sun Lakes is nice but watch out for the raccoons, they love stealing your food at 1am. Both Sun Lakes and Banks Lake get pretty good winds some evenings so tie your tent down well.

Good luck getting any camping spots in the Baker Lake area this weekend. All the "reserved" spots are booked. The few that are first come first serve will be snatched up early. We're heading up there early Friday on the off chance something might be available. Newhalem has some spots available. No place to swim really unless you drive up Newhalem creek. There is a small dam there and a nice big pool behind it that is great for swimming ( no spillway).

USFS Baker Snoqualmie camping http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/camping.shtml

Last edited:
I was born an raised in Hamilton, I also love the upper valley. Did you ever used to wheel up near Caskey lake?

My parent's place is on Sauk Valley Rd. That was one of our favorite spots in high school to go wheeling. I have not been up there since the early 90s other than during hunting season.