• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Canada

Pat did awsome, I'll try to figure out posting the vid. I like the the idea of all leaf spring run, my ugly truck would get a chance to keep up:redneck:

To posts vids. Keep it under 10 minutes long. Upload to youtube. (have to have or start a account) Once vid is uploaded you can embed it here or copy and paste the hyperlink provided. Take a little time to upload but the process is easy enough.

Pat did awsome, I'll try to figure out posting the vid. I like the the idea of all leaf spring run, my ugly truck would get a chance to keep up:redneck:
My truck should be up and running again in a couple weeks and I'm down for it anytime after that.

96" wheelbase and 73"ish wide. Dimension #'s aside here is how the mechanics of my rig fared-

These trails are not friendly to the drivetrain. Some spots better t-case gearing would have been nice but the leverage would have just broken parts faster. Axles will be put to the test. Broken D44 front axle u-joint.

My spring-under shackle-forward leaf-sprung covered-wagon suspension was also put to the test and I still can't believe I didn't break a leaf or center pin. I don't think I ever had 4 tires on the ground at the same time.

I have about 12* of steering with tires rubbing on everything. I had to 3 point turn and do wheelies about every 10 feet. I don't even know how many logs and rocks I bashed my tie rod into. Bent my steering wheel on a stump.

I rubbed body and roll cage on every side. I never rolled over but the welds of my cage were tested thoroughly. I needed assistance from front, rear, and I think one or both sides. I hi-lifted and winched simultaneously while going downhill.

I had fun but someone with a different definition of fun might not enjoy these trails. :beer:

Thanks for the kind words fellas :cool:

I just wanted to make the point that just because I drove my YJ through Fuct doesn't mean any/every driver should take their YJ through it.

Like taking a Toy through the OM, just because JayLuke did it doesn't mean YOU should. :awesomework:

Thanks for all the feedback, sounds like you had a great time, with a bunch of good folks...I'd be in for an all leaf spring run, or with anyone really, just a matter of timing