• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Carb ID for rebuild kit...

dirtygoat

I got the Cherokee running, but it was squirting fuel out of the accelerator pump and the needle was sticking...

So, I figure I'll grab a pump and rebuild kit...

Not sure what model this carb is... It's a Motorcraft, but no numbers in the normal spots... It's on top of a 1980 360... I'm guessing it's a holley/motorcraft 2300, but they would have to order it... So I just want to make sure before having them get it for me...

I'm not familiar at all with AMC stuff, so any of you Jeep guys that can hold my hand would be greatly appreciated...

Here's a pic...

0213111710.jpg

Can't find any numbers... I'll look agian tomorrow...

It has a reman sticker on top of the bowl, but I can't make out anything on it...

Dear dirtygoat;
The number that totalled is asking about is the venturi size. It is cast on the left rear side of the carb's main body. In the photo that you've provided, the casting circle is visible, however the venturi size number cannot be read. The casting circle is on the left carb housing in front of the accelerator pump. It is behind the accelerator pump rod in the photo which you've provided and about 5/8" in diameter.

For a good article on how to rebuild the Mc-2100, go here:
http://street2mud.com/webfiles/MC-2100 set up for a 258.pdf
Please note that while the article is referring to an I-6 258 engine, the rebuild procedures are identical throughout the MC-2100 line of carburetors.
Your friend;
LAMAR