• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Carrier bearing assembly for 86 ext cab Toyota p/u

I called hendrix and they said it would take modification to the horse collar on the frame to mount their alluminum pillow block. To bad its way cheaper than a new stocker.

I called hendrix and they said it would take modification to the horse collar on the frame to mount their alluminum pillow block. To bad its way cheaper than a new stocker.

Man, you'd think one of the toyota companies out there would make a stout stock style replacement.

kinda wierd but the OEM replacements range from about $40 (AutoZone) to about $130ish (elsewhere).

I ran the buggy Saturday and while the center bearing support and joints of the front driveshaft are done for, I was still able to utilize 4wd until the transfer case cable end broke off the shift lever in the middle of BYS. Thankfully I was in 4high when it broke. Had to use a pair of vise grips and some umph to get the case back into 2wd at the end of the day. oh, well at least that's the only thing that broke on Break Your Sh*t

kinda wierd but the OEM replacements range from about $40 (AutoZone) to about $130ish (elsewhere).

I ran the buggy Saturday and while the center bearing support and joints of the front driveshaft are done for, I was still able to utilize 4wd until the transfer case cable end broke off the shift lever in the middle of BYS. Thankfully I was in 4high when it broke. Had to use a pair of vise grips and some umph to get the case back into 2wd at the end of the day. oh, well at least that's the only thing that broke on Break Your Sh*t

Its beat your sh*t. Just ask jzmudbogger.:D

Actually in your situation it's probably not a bad idea......Wheelin in high range will stall the motor out before your likely to break front axle parts.

never came close to stalling and while I'm not opposed to low range, it felt good for what we were doing

Latest posts