• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CB radios

Jeez-ous, I looked up linear amps and there are aboot ten billion to choose from. Recomendations? Link?

palimar (might have spelled it wrong)

or texas star...

have them both..

there are of course others out there, but those are the ones i have used and use the most..

Can you be a little more specific? I have no idea what Im looking at. Thanks.
they're not practical for wheelin'.
you need to know if its hi-drive or low, if your radio has variable power (11m rigs dont)or if you need to open it up to adjust power (this isn't just a turn a pod and be done w/ it). how to set the match (SWR) and it will bleed on everything else around you (electronics, can cause damage) that and they are ilegal unless you have a ham ticket for 10 meter...even if you do...dont get caught using it on 11meter. 10m converts still trigger the repeaters causing interference (how I got pinched, not just for the doubling of allowed wattage.(4 watts)

theres alot more that goes into it than most people think, then again its real simple..just gotta know wtf your doing

for wheelin...you dont need a pump, kicker, boot, foot warmer etc (they call 'em all kinds of ****

if its something you'd like to learn/know...dive in mang!:D

Last edited:
ummm.... ooops......

dx95t2nite.jpg

Damn, just look at allllllllll those buttons & switches!!!:redneck:

Ive got out 20 miles on my Jackson with a super matched set of antennaes,,, 100 miles come on pull this ex truck drives leg somemore...

Ive got out 20 miles on my Jackson with a super matched set of antennaes,,, 100 miles come on pull this ex truck drives leg somemore...

Yah, good luck getting 100 miles on 4w CB. Its possible with a nice high gain antenna, but good luck.

The biggest issue with CB is lack of range when there is any obstruction. Its hard to get CB even from one side of walker valley to the other.

I'd highly suggest going for a tech VHF license and get on the air. There are plenty of good VHF/UHF radios in the 100-200 range, and some higher end radios that can do some really nifty things in the 400-800 range.

My setup consists of the following:
Kenwood D710a Dual Band Radio with TNC
Garmin 400t GPS
+3db 2m antenna

With this setup, you can talk to people in north vancouver from Skagit county, about 80 miles north reliably. Within walker valley you can talk in full FM clarity. If others have APRS (GPS+VHF) you can play 'track your friends' by pinging your location and finding where they're at.

Most of the guys up in Vancouver don't have CB anymore. Once you get into VHF realm CB is just meh.

Actually if I could get 5 to 10 ,miles in the hills Id be pretty stoked!
no problem w/ that. Elevation is the key for how far your gonna get out...especially w/ the stock 4 watts. On my base I regularly talk from Tacoma to Marysville, depending on conditions. Skips been rollin' hard and you can talk to far away states w/ 4 watts

I gave away all my spare radio's or I'd give you a few to mess w/

Latest posts