• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CB's ?

Cobra 75

41RY1F4A0ML._AA280_.jpg

Uniden Pro520XL and Pro510XL. I like the compact size and they are good in groups, but you really can't reach out. But for cheap they work good. Especially if your limited on space. I would like to step up and get one with the weather channels. Been thinking about getting a small amp for when I really want to reach out and get somebodies attention. :hi:

I don't run both of them, but I do own them both. Plus I got a older Radio Shack model made by Uniden, that has had the power output bumped. But it's too big for the Toy. It be knocking somebodies knees. And it won't be mine.

Uniden Pro520XL and Pro510XL. I like the compact size and they are good in groups, but you really can't reach out.

I have had several radios throughout the years, and I currently run a 520, but I have had problems with it, they are def. good radios, but my next one, and the one I recommend is the one I posted earlier, 29 LTD :awesomework:

If you aren't into the CB and tuning them and such. A good CHEAP CB works great for the trail. You can find them on e-bay.

That is my philosophy because I am constantly trashing CB's with the dust, water, mud, etc that gets into them. If it craps the bed just find another $10 special.

keep it simple

I like a cheaper cobra or midland from walmart or the like. Nothing too expensive to replace if you sink or if it gets broken. A good antenna makes a bit of difference. A firestick is the way to go and say help from a buddy with a meter to tune it. Just my opinion.

It's been alot of yrs now, but our local radio shack tuned antennas w/ a SWR meter...most CB's today are already at the max legal wattage (per FCC regs):booo:

Chalk another one up for the Uniden 520xl. The noise reduction ANL switch is nice as you will pickup a lot of interference from your electric fuel pump and ignition system.

Dont screw around with illegal power boosters. The FCC limits CB radios transmissions to 4 watts max; all radios will have 4 watts. If you want to hot rod you system work on your antenna set up as your antenna is 75% of your radio capability. Mount yer' antenna high, centered and tweak its lenght to get SWR as low as possible (below 1.5) FireSticks are good and tweakable too.

Someone told me Firesticks were made locally?? (Goldbar??).

Theres a cool CB shop in Fife. It's a weird little shop with some ecentric dudes working there but DAMN !!, they DO know their "S" about CB's !!

A cheap uniden from Gi joes or Joes works well just buy a cheap speaker for it. I've had mine for two years and no issues. Just make sure to tune you line.

Yea, I am aware of that, but how might one up the wattage if one so desired? you know, to reach the max legal limit without goin over?
You can't turn up the small radios (510-520) all you can do is tune them, just find a local CB shop, there's a good one in Federal Way, and it's like $15 to get your system tuned. That's why I like the bigger radios like the 29 LTD, you can turn them up to 30 watts and put an echo in them, Small radios are only 4-5 watts.