• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cell Phone Internet Very Pricey...

caglezxj

I called today to see what it would cost me to tether my phone to my laptop while I am down in Mt.olive with my grad-dad . I already pay the regular PDA Internet Unlimited for 30.00 extra a month. To add tethering it is 30.00 more dollars and it's not unlimited. Also checked to see if I was covered while in Mexico and it is an Additional .2 cents a KB for what I already have..... So what do you guys use? Do you just pay the price or is there something better?

For that cost I could have DSL added to his house and come out cheaper. :****:

Ambo said:
We pay $65 a month to have a wireless card.

No land line, cable, etc...

Here also, but I use At&t. Can use it anywhere unlimited. Don't have a home phone just use cell phones, and it only cost me about $20 more a month than when I had dial-up and just cell phones.

Yes, ours is unlimited also. Only thing is that P takes it everywhere with him.

Which would explain why he is ALWAYS on line....

The teathering program is on your phone. The shortcut is just deleted. It is an easy fix. Search either Howard Forums or XDA Developers.

I use a verizon aircard and it gets great service, its really fast everywhere. IDK about the cost of it, it's paid for by the company i work for.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
The teathering program is on your phone. The shortcut is just deleted. It is an easy fix. Search either Howard Forums or XDA Developers.

I can tether now but I was reading where they can see that you are using more KB and will charge you for it. Actually a guy in Canada had a 60,000.00 bill cause of this. Had unlimited on his phone but no tethering. Used tethering and they sent him a bill for 60,000.00

Anyone else chance it without the service?

I have a verison card and it is the **** :dblthumb:

I had a AT&T and it was a piece of **** because Walker county AT&T is not 3G which is a dumb thing for them because Verizon is bout to go to 4G ;D Drummond is swapping like all 483 wireless cards they have over to Verizon :****:

caglezxj said:
I can tether now but I was reading where they can see that you are using more KB and will charge you for it. Actually a guy in Canada had a 60,000.00 bill cause of this. Had unlimited on his phone but no tethering. Used tethering and they sent him a bill for 60,000.00

Anyone else chance it without the service?

Read up, they do not have the technology to know if you are tethering.

We decided to go with the broadband card from Verizon. They say it is virtually unlimated not actually unlimited. Only 5% people go over. Works great.

ROCKYOTA said:
We decided to go with the broadband card from Verizon. They say it is virtually unlimated not actually unlimited. Only 5% people go over. Works great.
p would go over :****:

I am tethering right now as I type this. I downloaded the pdanet software for a free 7 day trial. I hope it doesn't cost me an outrageous fee. I read the info and it says it works under your current unlimited package. Apparently at&t charges you for the use of the software when tethering through them. After 7 days I can buy this software for 27.00 one time fee.

I got a friend who works for bellsouth, I will double check with them for sure.