• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cell phone provider.

Eddyj

I travel 10 month out of the year with my wife. We have been with Verizon for 8 years just seems like there has to be something better. We do use a lot of Internet for our business and down time. Sometimes we don't have tv for a week at a time.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Anybody have first hand experience with straight talk?

Re: Cell phone provider.

I learned in a movie once that prepaid phones don't have a tracking chip in them. So if you're kidnapped and stuffed in a trunk the police dept crisis center can't find you and Halley Berry will have to find you by you popping out the taillight and you relaying your locations based on what you see out of the hole.

So stick with big mobile. I use sprint and enjoy the unlimited data for my family and business

Eddyj said:
I travel 10 month out of the year with my wife. We have been with Verizon for 8 years just seems like there has to be something better. We do use a lot of Internet for our business and down time. Sometimes we don't have tv for a week at a time.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Anybody have first hand experience with straight talk?

My girlfriend has straight talk and it works just as well as my AT&T... the data is slower without wifi, but other than that it's a :dblthumb:

Re: Cell phone provider.

I switched from att t straight talk about a year ago and I'm happy with it. I can't tell a single bit of difference in the service. Getting it switched over was kind of a pain. They send me a text when they charge my credit card every month. 48.02 for 5 gigs 4g then they will slow your speed down to 3g. I've never went over the 5 though. It works for me, I don't have to worry about going over or remembering to pay my bill.

Stick with Verizon.
They provide the most coverage, have the highest and most consistent speeds, and they use the best hardware on the towers.
Unfortunately all the companies charge way to much for their services in my opinion. And the whole data crap is a rip off for those without unlimited data.

Cell phone provider.

I have straight talk as well that used verizon towers and have had it for prob 5 years and 3 of those with a iphone5, the talking part is great, its all unlimited but i travel and it doesnt always work where verizon does, alot of dead spots in kentucky and a few in indiana, doesnt bother me too much though, but they're ridiculous claim of 5 gig of data is about as much bullshit as gw bush claiming victory in the gulf, they throttle the **** out of my data and i only use little over a gig a month and its always slow as ****, works great on wifi but for 50 bucks a month i dont bitch too much unless i need to look up some tech info and it wont connect to internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and wife are at $250 a month. At this point I would sacrfice a little performance for savings

Eddyj said:
Me and wife are at $250 a month. At this point I would sacrfice a little performance for savings

Sounds like you need to go talk to the Verizon ppl in store about a new plan, that's entirely too high. Me, my mom, and my sister are on my plan and it's only $200 a month.....for 3 people. And I still have an unlimited data plan because I have bought all my phones outright on ebay since they discontinued unlimited data.

JD did you see where Verizon is about to tack on another $20 per line to keep our old grandfathered unlimited data plans? My bill goes $40 bucks for the wife and I December 16th, if we keep it.

Re: Re: Cell phone provider.

Hillbilly said:
JD did you see where Verizon is about to tack on another $20 per line to keep our old grandfathered unlimited data plans? My bill goes $40 bucks for the wife and I December 16th, if we keep it.
**** no, I will raise immortal hell. I wish there was a man that was Mr. Verizon Wireless so I could punch him in his fawking highway robbery face.