• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Center Limiting Strap

How would you describe your center limiting strap?

• Tight / almost tight at ride height.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Let 'er hang!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Somewhere between A & B.

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
I might be wrong but I'd say for straight up crawling you could leave it a little loose and for balls to the wall bouncing or steep ass climbs you'd want very little slack in them to keep the suspension from unloading on you. Just my .02 cents

ETO said:
I might be wrong but I'd say for straight up crawling you could leave it a little loose and for balls to the wall bouncing or steep ass climbs you'd want very little slack in them to keep the suspension from unloading on you. Just my .02 cents

Kind of my experience, too. I've also found that keeping them tight can add stability since, for one shock to unload it subsequently has to load the other side. BUT, for rock bouncing / jumping I could also see how letting it all hang out would give you more suspension to soak up landings and how, with it tight, landing unevenly could be made worse by causing weight to transfer side to side more. Just seeing what others have to say ...

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Front or rear?

Let me know your opinion on both. You can vote more than once. (At least I think that's how I set the poll up.)

patooyee said:
Let me know your opinion on both. You can vote more than once. (At least I think that's how I set the poll up.)

Single Seater - Rear is under pressure. Front have 4" slack and are on the coilovers, not centered.

two seater buggy 3364lb airshocks front center strap no slack rear center strap 3"-3 1/2" before strap is tight. Use it mostly for trail but crawls awsome and hill climbs, bounces great ! Been thinking about loosening the front up like the rear to see how it does ?

3.5" of slack on the front center and 4.5 on the rear center worked good for me. The front stayed down on climbs and didn't feel any rougher than without one,and the rear just ended up that way by accident but worked well also lol

rear - i run a center strap that has slack in it, mainly using it to keep the drive shaft joints from binding up

front - i run straps on both sides to keep the shocks from over extending and use my winch to limit the front if i need it.

Just curious as to why if your driveshaft can handle the droop and not bind you would want to limit the travel. I run 16" airs and use no strap in the rear and limit with the winch in the front if needed.

just wondering if anyone runs a tight center straps on leaf sprung vehicles to keep it from unloading on hill climbs.

pistonhonda said:
just wondering if anyone runs a tight center straps on leaf sprung vehicles to keep it from unloading on hill climbs.
yes and it didnt work well it broke alot of straps and on hard landings it would bounce back up

Well, I'm no longer a fan of tight at ride height. It doesn't allow suspension to drop out over faster whoops which results in hard hits as a result of not being able to use the entire shock. I'm going to somewhere between now, will give it a try. After that I will remove the center straps completely.

patooyee said:
Well, I'm no longer a fan of tight at ride height. It doesn't allow suspension to drop out over faster whoops which results in hard hits as a result of not being able to use the entire shock. I'm going to somewhere between now, will give it a try. After that I will remove the center straps completely.

X2, too tight will knock your fawking teeth out if you jump something

Why would u want to limit ur travel from the center anyway? Wouldn't u want to limit it from the coilovers point of contact, we dont run any on ours.