• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Getting back to center

L

lowbudgetjunk

I think being away from the store for a weekend was great. Though I drank too much, I got to run through some of my demons and felt really good about being focused for another chapter in my life. We all go through them from time to time and I was super stressed about this one. Anyhow, I slept a little over 12 hours from Thursday to Sunday and the exhaustion of that let my mind focus. Might sound crazy, but it really helped.

It's now Monday and I started off with a bang. Book work, check writing, financials from the bank and I'm focused. Life is good.....until a man (former employee) that stole $7000 cash from me came in to the store and threatened me. We can all talk about being badasses and whipping his ass and so forth and so on. I got heated, got him out of the store, called the cops and I am going to try and let the system sort all of this out.

I need not drink any more for a while, I need not stay pissed, I just want to get back to focused. I used to run a good bit and laugh if you must, did yoga. I found it to be as relaxing of a combination that brought me back to a focused state. I also have some projects in the garage to help keep my mind occupied. I am looking for some thoughts from you fellas as how you get back the focus from a big event. Being threatened, I had a pretty big adrenaline dump and unfortunately carrying my side arm and looking out the window.

Anyhow, life is about to take a huge turn for me and I really need to be on my A game before I pull the trigger. In a matter of minutes today, I went from 100% focused, to where I could barely speak coherently and I need to get my focus back. I am going today to get some running shoes and will probably go running this evening til it hurts. That being said, I would still like some other thoughts.

I'm glad you were able to release the stress my friend. But please don't quit drinking till I come up and see you this week. lol

Reading the book of Job normally reminds me I don't have it that bad to quit worrying. But, I too have been especially stressed out with a lot of changes in my jobs/business currently going on. The best thing I've found is reading my bible, lots of prayer, and a good support system of friends to discuss things with and not keep it bottled up inside. I even see a counselor once a week right now and he has helped a ton especially reminding me what God's purpose for me is and that things are not as bad as it seems.

cmoultrie said:
Reading the book of Job normally reminds me I don't have it that bad to quit worrying. But, I too have been especially stressed out with a lot of changes in my jobs/business currently going on. The best thing I've found is reading my bible, lots of prayer, and a good support system of friends to discuss things with and not keep it bottled up inside. I even see a counselor once a week right now and he has helped a ton especially reminding me what God's purpose for me is and that things are not as bad as it seems.

^^^This is about all you need! There have been a ton of changes in my life (mainly at work), plus my wife and I and some friends in the midst of starting a ministry, plus raising two boys, coupled with the fact and I am absolutely the worlds worst at getting distracted (ended up on hardline waiting on a phonecall and been here for 20 minutes) makes some days difficult. I understand your running philosophy, my wife does the same thing. I'm not sure of your views on Faith and God, but the verse I have been running to lately and for a long time is this Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me all who are weary and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I try to keep that verse in my heart and it really helps me return to center. I do that and also go somewhere and just do a balls out full throttle assault on something (Jeep, fourwheeler, jet ski, truck in the field). Since I gave up drinking speed is how I blow off steam and Jesus is how I keep my cool!

Re:

This is what I am talking about. Some verses stick in my mind and I have been reading The Seeking Heart.

I miss the open air of riding my motorcycle. For me to get right, my head really needs to be clear.

Kel Lawrence

Not sure if you have a church, or have an active prayer life but both have helped me. It doesn't make my situations change, just makes it easier to stay in good spirits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It warms my heart to see people on here that share the same passions as me and are still God fearing men we are all sinners and I'm one that can't deny whenever I get down or seem to be going off in the left field God always helps me get back straight I hope these guys help you with your problems cause it helped my day

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
This is what I am talking about. Some verses stick in my mind and I have been reading The Seeking Heart.

I miss the open air of riding my motorcycle. For me to get right, my head really needs to be clear.

Kel Lawrence

Funny you should say that about riding your motorcycle. I'm not a stressed person. I generally don't fret about much. I live by the motto of don't worry about the things you don't have the power to change. I do however have a bad temper. When I am having an off day or pissed about something, I can jump on my harley and beat on it like it owes me money and it's just soothing. It's the best therapy I've found. No stress, no mouths spewing garbage that's of no concern to me. Just me and that motor screaming.

My wife worries about EVERYTHING. If she has nothing to worry about she will create something. It drives me crazy to listen to her sometimes and just the amount of unnecessary stress she has in her life. I wish she could find a way to return to center. I commend you sir for recognizing a problem within your situation and taking the steps to correct it.

Re:

pholmann said:
My wife worries about EVERYTHING. If she has nothing to worry about she will create something. It drives me crazy to listen to her sometimes and just the amount of unnecessary stress she has in her life. I wish she could find a way to return to center. I commend you sir for recognizing a problem within your situation and taking the steps to correct it.

Here's one for that too!

Matthew 6:25-27 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life."

I used to worry about everything from what people thought about me to how I was going to handle a situation that has not even happened or may not even happen. I had been a Christian about 5 years and finally came across this verse one day by accident. Even to someone who may not follow Christ, "Can any of you add a single hour to your life by worrying" should speak volumes to the pointlessness of worrying. This and the last verse I referenced really help me deal with stress. Last summer I was having a couple weeks where stuff was getting slung at me from 100 different directions, friends were going through really tough times, and my wife and I were pretty stressed. We got invited to go to Heber Springs, a lake in Arkansas, and I got up early the first morning and watched the sun come up over the water and read my Bible and got a peace about myself and started to relax. I am the one who always puts the sea doo in because I enjoy riding it the most so we got it in the water and they headed to get the boat loaded up and uncovered and fueled up and I got to spend some time with just me and about 2 miles of glassy water. After about 35 minutes of 70mph+ on a sea doo and some time in the Bible, I couldn't have found any of our "Problems" if I had been looking for them! My point is, we have to try and relax or it wont ever happen.

That's a great verse, Dan. Thanks for posting that. I'm as guilty as anyone of worrying about things. That really puts it into perspective. :dblthumb:

kdoss54 said:
It warms my heart to see people on here that share the same passions as me and are still God fearing men we are all sinners and I'm one that can't deny whenever I get down or seem to be going off in the left field God always helps me get back straight I hope these guys help you with your problems cause it helped my day

thumb.gif

I'm a little stressed right now. I'm self employed in the grading business.
I've spent 10k on a piece of equipment that I prolly shouldn't have. Now it's broke again.
Thinking about a 56 k replacement. Or a 5 k bandaid. Only time my business ever
stresses me. What say yall ??

85buggy said:
I'm a little stressed right now. I'm self employed in the grading business.
I've spent 10k on a piece of equipment that I prolly shouldn't have. Now it's broke again.
Thinking about a 56 k replacement. Or a 5 k bandaid. Only time my business ever
stresses me. What say yall ??

Something you use a lot? If not, rent, and charge it to the job.

85buggy said:
Use it daily. !!! I've not made payments in 4 years.
So it's stressing me a lot

I've done this a few times. Cost analysis is what you need. If fixed, what can you expect to get out of the piece of equipment if sokd? How long might it run before more repairs? How much money do you make because of it/lose without it? Factor the selling cost of your piece of equipment as a downpayment.

When all this is done, would the new payment offset the amount of money you could bring in because it is always available for use ?

I am still a little tired, so that might not be perfectly cohesive thoughts, but the concept is solid. I did finance one piece of equipment because it made me more money than not having it. I also doubled up on payments until it was paid for.