• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Charter boats in Panama City beach

CheapJ7

Mustache rides?
ok. The wife and I are headed down to the beach mid August.
She isn't a huge fan of fishing, but likes catching and is open to the idea. I would like to book a boat for say a half day.

Not really concerned with what we catch as long as it's fairly steady. Any suggestions from you guys on which boats to book, where, general dos and don't, thing I need to bring. Thanks

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
Might consider Destin since it's close. There water is a little deeper, and this week is the marlin turney

Any advantage to deeper water. I wonder how prices compare from destin to pc

Panama City would probably be a better choice for just the 2 of you. You could jump on a 6 pack boat with a couple other people for a half day and it wouldn't run to high. Destin is pricey if you want to actually catch fish, the big boats are cheap to get on, but you don't catch nearly the fish you do on a smaller charter. PC caters to the smaller boats more then Destin with the big 25+ person charter boats. Usually stay in closer to shore, and if you get someone that has "the spots" you'll be on fish til you limit out.

That's our plan. I'd like to run down to capt andersons and make up the last 2 of a 6 man trip. I wonder if there is any way to get hooked up with another group aside from just showing up and hoping.

Talked to a couple deckhand buddies and they said just show up the afternoon before you want to go,when the boats start coming back in for the day. Usually they are getting back 4-5pm so you could lock down a spot and grab some dinner in the marina or something like that.

I got a buddie that has a charter service here in Panama. Look up "last local guide service". They been killing the fish. If his operation is something your interested in pm me.

Also EGarner on here has a lot of connections in the fishing industry here. It would be definitely worth a pm to him also.

We both live and work on the beach so if there is anything u need or if u just wanna grab a beer give us a shout :dblthumb:

1tonyj said:
I got a buddie that has a charter service here in Panama. Look up "last local guide service". They been killing the fish. If his operation is something your interested in pm me.

Also EGarner on here has a lot of connections in the fishing industry here. It would be definitely worth a pm to him also.

We both live and work on the beach so if there is anything u need or if u just wanna grab a beer give us a shout :dblthumb:

Thanks!
FlatlandFSJ said:
Talked to a couple deckhand buddies and they said just show up the afternoon before you want to go,when the boats start coming back in for the day. Usually they are getting back 4-5pm so you could lock down a spot and grab some dinner in the marina or something like that.

Thanks for the info