• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cheap Air Cooled VW's

noshoes said:
I dont know where your located but Keith Mitchell is close to Tuscaloosa and he will have the hard to find parts that you need. He does great work. 205-752-0962

DO NOT use keith Mitchell... you can get anything that keith might have offline and not have to chase him around and listen to him grunt. keith knows his stuff but hes burnt out.

if your building a sleeper for the street, I would build a stroker motor... keep compression around 9.5:1 and keep your timing in check, itll live at that and be reliable (that also keeps you running pump gas). ALL your power comes in the heads and carbs.. street eliminator heads w/ dual 45 dellorto carbs, 1.5 roller rockers and an engle 110 cam. you will hurt some feelings with that combo.

if you have the coin, I would call steve long racing and order a custom grind cam with a set of lifters... tell him what you have and what you plan to do with it and he will hook you up.

DO NOT run anything EMPI in a VW motor... keep with CB performance, scat, and DPR machine builds the best crankshafts hands down.

nothing cheap about building a VW these days but spend the money on the good internals in the motor and it will reliable, not to mention it will turn out the frame!!!

Latest posts