• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cheap Wheelers............

Moved....

Not a build thread..... more of a curiosity thread!
To answer---roughly $7K (likely more) over time....:booo:

Traded a truck I was into 5 grand (was up for sale for 3k), Not wheeling yet due to no funds because of no job.

My Ghettro gets wheeled more right now, traded a winch for that, 10 bucks worth of wiper blades, 45 for speakers after that. (Okay, it's more rally than wheel, but I have done trails just to show people that they had nothing to worry about in their stocker pickups)

Last edited:
I would say my rig is a cheapo:fawkdancesmiley: i picked it up for 1000 and have put alittle under $2500 and not including parts that i have sold that were on it when i bought it.

i picked up my 56 willys for 1600 and just been wheelin the crap out of it. already had lockers, a new 350 and 33's. pretty capable rig for being so tiny. i put 60 bucks into it to fix the radiator. ima drop a bunch of money into it this winter hopfully so it wont be a cheap wheeler anymore.

Paid $1400 for it, sold a bunch of stuff off it and rebuilt it cheap... Had a lot of materials given to me and a lot of trading... I'm into it for under $3000 including what I originally paid for it...

Didn't pay anything for my d60, into it for $75 with 4.56s, 35 spline outers, high/rear steer knuckles, beefy tie rod, 1350 yoke and a massive diff cover...

Into my full hydro for under $150...

Propane free... Two tanks, mounts and hose on the cheap...

14bff $40... 4.56s, disk brakes...

Tires I actually made $... Right place, right time...

I could go on and on...

I do have a **** ton of hours into it though...

EDIT: I also built it in a borrowed garage with a borrowed welder and Harbor Freight tools...:redneck:

0314101243.jpg

Last edited:
87 4runner SR5 clean/running

Paid $1200 for it.

Have about $2500 into it, it gets me around. :awesomework:

My yota is kinda expensive but it's be built over many years...

The 94 rodeo that I picked up off of here for free on the other hand I have maybe $100 total into counting the fuel money to go get it and get back. :haha: It gets the ever loving fawk kicked out of it with open diffs, gutted interior that provided about 2" of rear lift and 4 turns on the front torsion bars. to level it out to clear my free 33x12.5" mall terrains that I grooved..... Hell now that I think about it I sold the rear dana 44 for $100 to a buddy but he said to keep it till I blew the rig up. So far so good, although after this weekend the front end is making some FAWKED up noises. :redneck:

Well, payed $900 for the pathy, and excluding the stupid ifs lift, and ifs breakage, and going straight to SAS'd, I have about ~2250 into it, 33x12.5 toyo's, dana 44 front end, 4.56's, locked front an rear.

I had a quad I traded for a Toyota that I (after a few months) traded for the Zook. The quad was up for sale for $2,200, but have seen one on craigs list with a lot of the same work done for $900. Put nothin into the Yota but a dent and some work (bobbed it 14"). As far as what I have into the Zook, $20 for the spray in bed liner and $10 for axle seals for when I welded up the rear. The most it has cost is in gas to wheel it. I do have a set ot yota axles I got for $375 that will end up in it when I have the $ for the YJ swap.:redneck: Sooo I guess I could say I am $930 into it:haha:

my SOA, F & R locked, rear disked, hydroboosted, hi-steered, 4.0 swapped, musical tranny CJ7 has me for about $4000.

The 85 extra cab I have now I bought for 800, sold the stock front axle and spare trans for 700, 260 for gears, 200 for a locker, 300 for a winch, and the 33 boggers of of my old xj. $860 runs and drives great. I did have some stuff like another 85 parts truck I got for free, but thats close to the price.

I'm not as good a forager as some, so my sami no longer qualifies as "cheap", somewhere between 5-7K.:haha:

If I end up building mine the way I want to then mine will be around that same price range, and that's with fabing most of it myself. As of now I am just pulling the parts together and that is slow.:mad: