• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cherokar issues

L

lowbudgetjunk

I bought a right hand drive 2000 Cherokee. It was in a million pieces and I have put almost all of them back together. The first time I fired I fired it up, I left off a sensor and a vacuum line. It jumped to the rev limiter and I shut it off. Once I capped off the vacuum line and tossed on the sensor, it would start and run for a few seconds. The key is a transponder key. The key light flashes when the ignition is on for a few second and goes off. After turning on the engine and after it dies, the key light stays on.

I took and tried the skim reset and I bought and had a second key programmed. The second key does the same thing but the key light flashes instead of staying solid.

I have checked all fuses, checked relays, checked grounds and now I am lost. I don't want to throw money at it and have only bought things that were needed so far. I have been through about 6 hours of YouTube mechanicing and jeep forums mechanicing too. Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Just for giggles try unlocking the rear hatch with the key. All of the ones I've had if they ever went into theft mode I had to do that. May not work but it's free!

Re:

I am up for all suggestions. I will try it here in a minute.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I am up for all suggestions. I will try it here in a minute.

I had to remove the alarm and ground a wire on mine because it doesn'doesn't have a hatch. Same problem though

Re:

Where was the alarm? Or is it different with the RHD? So aggravating this piece of junk.

Re:

I had a 93 grand Cherokee that was similar to this. I had to use the key to unlock the driver for to get it to work right.

Also had a 95 zj where the alarm was set and fob died. I had to ground out the IR reciever in the overhead console to trick the alarm into letting you use the key to unlock the door.

Security box is behind glovebox that needs unplugged but I think it's suppose to be running before ya unplug it or computer thinks it's been stolen, might try it just to see, these problems can be a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Cherokar issues

Zjman said:
Security box is behind glovebox that needs unplugged but I think it's suppose to be running before ya unplug it or computer thinks it's been stolen, might try it just to see, these problems can be a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure it will be something simple.....And probably the last thing that I search and find

Re: Re: Cherokar issues

lowbudgetjunk said:
I am sure it will be something simple.....And probably the last thing that I search and find

It' so ALWAYS the last think unless you plan to keep researching it after it'seems fixed lol.