• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chev V8 swap in a Toy

speaking as someone who has a 5.7 350 and a toyo transfer case, make sure to use the beefed up input shaft if your tcase isn't already setup for it. The 21 spline snaps too easily under the torque. They're only 50-60 bucks, find a 23 spline.

I think the tbi 350 would do just fine for what your rig is being built for. Look at my dodge it had a tired 360 in it and it ran out fine down the pavement on 44" boggers. your rig is one of the nicer ones in the valley but I still havent seen it on the new boggers yet :cool:

By the way don't use NWOR engine mounts they tend to break off the frame really efficiantly... Been there done that....make your own or talk to crash he can whip ya up a set that would last a lot longer....:;

I think the tbi 350 would do just fine for what your rig is being built for. Look at my dodge it had a tired 360 in it and it ran out fine down the pavement on 44" boggers. your rig is one of the nicer ones in the valley but I still havent seen it on the new boggers yet :cool:

Thanks and I don't drive it a whole lot maybe 1-2 time a week average. I had a local shop talking to me about a 6.0, 5.3 and an LS1 and I am still not sure may think about a Vortec 5.7.

By the way don't use NWOR engine mounts they tend to break off the frame really efficiantly... Been there done that....make your own or talk to crash he can whip ya up a set that would last a lot longer....:;

I already have them they seem alright but dealing with them left a bad taste in my mouth. Called a week before I bought the mounts and they told me $160 called the next week to buy them they said $225 I asked why the jump he says we were selling them for $190 but steel went up. I ended up with the $190 price but oh well. So far I have my adapter from A/A for a 21 spline case to 700R4/4L60E the flex dipstick the bolt in mounts adapters for the oil and temp senders. Still need a 4 cyl 21 spline case harness and motor / trans and Radiator among other small things.

Latest posts