• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chev V8 swap in a Toy

JACKED944RUNNER

Joining the Elists!
Alright I have thought about this for a few years now and I think it is time to do it. I have a 94 4Runner that has been SAS'ed it has the 3.0L V6 and an auto trans. I have regeared it to 5.29 and when I had 38's under it it was still a dog. I now ride on 44's and it is obviously worse so I want to put a 90 TBI 350 or a 97 vortec 350 with a 700R4 in it. I plan on using NW offroad motor mounts. I am still looking around at adapters and the cooling issues I don't know about yet so I am on the hunt for advice. I have no experience with these and need any advice you may have. I also weant to know abought thoughts on milage I am lucky to see 8mpg any more. I have put $ in to the
V6 Jet computer upgrade, downey intake and Headers. I want to know about using the stock fuel pump AC, Cruise and all that.

Alright I have thought about this for a few years now and I think it is time to do it. I have a 94 4Runner that has been SAS'ed it has the 3.0L V6 and an auto trans. I have regeared it to 5.29 and when I had 38's under it it was still a dog. I now ride on 44's and it is obviously worse so I want to put a 90 TBI 350 or a 97 vortec 350 with a 700R4 in it. I plan on using NW offroad motor mounts. I am still looking around at adapters and the cooling issues I don't know about yet so I am on the hunt for advice. I have no experience with these and need any advice you may have. I also weant to know abought thoughts on milage I am lucky to see 8mpg any more. I have put $ in to the
V6 Jet computer upgrade, downey intake and Headers. I want to know about using the stock fuel pump AC, Cruise and all that.

Search for gibby's build in the garage--there is alot of info there for ya :awesomework:

I would be concerned about the axles with 44s
AC condenser might be hard to fit.
With 2" body lift and the motor set back as far as possible, theres only about an inch between my elec fan and water pump pulley.
And Im running a 4.3 v6.
It can be done but you might cut the core support and install the rad in it, or in front of it.

4.3L Vortec... :awesomework: v8's are for mudders. :redneck:

X2 for the Vortec
See my build
i dont know, this is a legitimate question.
would the 4.3 have the torque...to reasonably turn the 44's?
i know the 4.3 is a good engine, and can be built up pretty healthy. but...wouldnt even a stock 350 have the torque already?

i know my basically stock 302 has plenty of torque.

This is obviously a pavement rig. a toy with 44's and a 4.3 is lame:looser:

Go with the Vortec 350. if you want to be cool find a gen III 5.3 or 6.0

Nevada, sorry but ford motors are lame. :haha:

its the red 4runner towards the end of this thread....werent you there?
http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32401

yeh, ur right they are. sorry, but i wouldnt run a chevy if it was the only option. if only to buck the "system":fawkdancesmiley:
EVERYONE and their brothers, cousins, uncle has a chevy....pathetic!:looser: :redneck:

Last edited:
That is not my 4 Runner. Close though. I would love to have done a 5.3 but $ is always a concern. Also I am not too familiar with all of the electronics on the newer ones.

Nothing wrong with Pavement pounders. I also could go vortec that option is available but the motor I have a lead on needs work and has no computer or harness.

EVERYONE and their brothers, cousins, uncle has a chevy
And the inbred spawn of those three own fords:haha:

Nothing wrong with Pavement pounders. I also could go vortec that option is available but the motor I have a lead on needs work and has no computer or harness.
Nothing wrong with a clean pavement pounder :awesomework: go with what works best for you. any V8 is better than that 3.slow :;

OK, so you have decided to put a V8 in a toyota. Thats easy enough.
But do you have what it takes to pony up, and make the rest of the truck worthy enough for a V8
Ive seen some smokin deals for 5.3s NO substuitute, but a 6.0
Since its obvious to run a GM tranny, why not hunt down a
DANA 300, for a basic transcase ,that gets the job done.
So at this point how could poison this setup with toy axles?
I say dig up some 9"s and build a set so good you lie to your friends about them being toyota axles.
OR run them full width. Who gives a ****?
But a 9" front end would set your rig appart from any rig ive ever seen.

But do you have what it takes to pony up, and make the rest of the truck worthy enough for a V8
I say dig up some 9"s and build a set so good you lie to your friends about them being toyota axles.

**** it..

427 on propane
Dana 300
D60 front D70 rear

:awesomework:

Going to use a Toy 4 cyl t case. Still think I am leaning towards the tbi for ease of install.