• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy to jeep

kentuckykrawler

just bought a 2000 chevy 4 wheel drive pickup with a 4.8 and 4l60 for the motor and transfercase and was wondering what i had to do to use my jeep 231 case. in the swap, its going in a 99 tj

Re: Re: chevy to jeep

Depending on what tcase the chevy has you can get a doubler from duffy on pirate and mate the 231 to it.

If it were me look at a 241 so you don't have to change anything just get new driveshaft components I did a v8 swap and kept the 231 and spent a lot of money to keep it just my 2 cents

The case you have should be a 231j the case I am talking about is a np241c they came in early 90's Chevy trucks it is a driver drop chain driven case just like the 231 it is alittle more beefy but it has a 27 spine input which is what the 4l60 should have so you should be able to bolt right up with the stock adapter and there is lots of them in junk yards you will probably have to get some drive shaft work done to get everything to match up and do a sye but you won't need any pricey conversion adapters just do some research on 241 swaps

Novak is another option for adapters but they aren't much if any cheaper.

I agree you should try to find a 241 that will bolt to the Chevy trans. Should be able to make it happen for cheaper than an adapter. Plus it will be stronger & have the same ratios.

Jeremy

Yea they do make a 241 that goes to a 4l60 look for a z71 and get the transfer case and the adaptor and you should be good to go