• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHM

pholmann said:
I have nothing to hide. We both work, make good money, have no kids, and she lets me handle the finances 100%. Can we see how I have a bunch of toys? Also I sell about 100 motors a year. The motors is how I fund my buggy and the trips to play with said buggy. We also don't live above our means. My house is nothing extravagant. We live in a 1500 square foot house. We had it built 11 years ago. My wife doesn't shop or spend really any money. She is very thrifty. I am expensive as hell and she says absolutely nothing about it. The tractor was inherited, the boat was bought, the rzr was bought, the rv was bought, the buggy we know how long that took, the truck is on loan from the credit union, her car is on loan from the credit union. If you think I have **** now, just wait til the house is paid for. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ;D

Hero

lowbudgetjunk said:
I know Pholmanns got a new buggy, an RV, boat and a tractor.....seen em with my own eyes.

For someone who thinks I'm out of place for asking a man who he tubed 800 axles for, you sure care a lot about another man's finances and possessions.

Re:

:) I do like to aspire to have some possessions. They dont rule my life, but can be fun to have to enhance parts of it. I was poking the bear a little on old Patrick. I bet you a dollar, I'd give that guy every dollar I had if he needed it. Can't say the same about Tony, haven't been formally introduced yet.

I'm not in the top 20% either, but aspire to be. I've set financial goals that are pretty lofty and one day I will surpass them.

^^^^^shouldn't you be working on a buggy transmission :)

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
^^^^^shouldn't you be working on a buggy transmission :)

It's done. Waiting for the torque converter manufacturer to make good on his mistakes. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. I appear to be the proud new owner of a $700 piece of scrap metal. Do not ever buy from http://www.tcsperformance.com/

fordcontraption01 said:
you was talking about a trans and there was a post the other day about the guy got burned on Craigslist by manny if you remember that. I'm just messin with you.

Haha. I honestly didn't pay any attention to the crook's name. That's where you lost me. I gotchu now though!

The whole "CHM" thing kinda pisses me off, not in the "haha CHM" kinda way, but in my younger brothers saying it kinda way. They've all made good money at one point or another, pissed it all away on cell phones, shitty Camaros, electronics, vacations, etc. When they come to my house, and I have things that I've worked my damn ass off to buy, they say "can't hide money!" Makes my ****ing blood boil.

:rant over:

5BrothersFabrication said:
The whole "CHM" thing kinda pisses me off, not in the "haha CHM" kinda way, but in my younger brothers saying it kinda way. They've all made good money at one point or another, pissed it all away on cell phones, shitty Camaros, electronics, vacations, etc. When they come to my house, and I have things that I've worked my damn ass off to buy, they say "can't hide money!" Makes my ****ing blood boil.

you and me both lol. When they say that to my I just laugh and say yea I've got this much in that one and I paid this for that and after x amount of dollars it looks like this now but it's not worth a damn to nobody but me so shut the hell up and get you a good job and then I can give you hell about your ****

What pisses me off is when people (family/inlaws) look down on you because you have nice things and say stuff like "you don't know what it's like to struggle financially". How quickly they forget the past or the work put forth, past and present, to live comfortably. Some people legitimately can't do anything about their situation but most that I've come across just don't put forth the effort.

I thought the whole CHM thing was just a east Tennessee slang?????? I can't remember anyone else posting about it? :****:

Lol.....I first heard it at windrock....top of trail 15. 15 had just gotten bad enough to where my daily driver Explorer on 33s no lockers couldn't make it anymore.

I drove in from top to watch a group of others. Had one nice 1 ton something....then like 5 500$ Craigslist cherokees.

The cherokees (all on 31s-33s) beat and beat and wrecked their **** tryin to exit out.

Once all were up....flat tires....broke balljoints....Pigeon toed steering...crumpled metal....the 1 ton guy says "CAN'T HIDE MONEY!" I laughed pretty hard. :p :p :p

5BrothersFabrication said:

Just had to throw "shitty" in there, didn't you

Damn ford guys.

Eddyj said:
Just had to throw "shitty" in there, didn't you

Damn ford guys.

I really meant shitty Camaros. Pholmann calls em Vestal Lamborghinis (Vestal=white trash hood in South Knoxville). 80s-90s Camaros with big and littles, 383 (really a 305 with a big cam), and the stinkbug stance.