• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

I will stop and get a handful of bits if they have Em. Bringing 12 ft Fiberglas A-frame ladder. It's a beast but just in case there is a really high area someone wants to put something it may be useful. 2 drills. Impact, bit drivers , and bits. Be there friday as early as I can. Hell xI don't know what the plan is, I'll read back a few pages.. I wanna knock it out and ride out!! Hope everyone is staying all weekend!

kushKrawlin said:
Hell xI don't know what the plan is,

Thinking it will be pretty easy. Got lumber up here now and painted white. Still in 96" lengths. I plan to have a station where the signs will be marked with either pencil or sharpie (have both) by people with some good handwriting. Once the name is marked, we will cut them to length with a chop saw. Drill pilot holes for tree mounting. Then move them under the pavilion where multiple people can follow the markings with black paint. Then, just let them dry. Would love to get a couple of pics with those helping and all the signs, then off to hang them about 10 feet in the air on trees.

There are several un-named trails we will need to get names for. I have a few ideas: "Natalie's Way", "The Highway" if we can find a easy and hard next to each other. "Hardline" and "Easyline" would be good also.

If we have time, we will ride around looking for unmarked intersections and make more signs.

If we have more people than needed, or to kill time. We will get out on the trails and do some litter cleanup. I know Boat Ramp is horrible from the last race there.

Should be a great weekend. Hope everyone can make it out to this worthwhile service project. Good friends and good riding also. Maybe a little bouncing!

Still need a few T20 torx bits if you have one in the toolbox. I have two, but that will limit the sign hanging potential. The ones I ordered from Amazon did not arrive on time.

JohnG, do you plan to work any tomorrow? I can be there tomorrow but cannot make it on Saturday, I'd like to come help out tomorrow though. I've got a cordless drill, couple of batteries, and a ladder if I need to bring it.

WHIZARD said:
JohnG, do you plan to work any tomorrow? I can be there tomorrow but cannot make it on Saturday, I'd like to come help out tomorrow though. I've got a cordless drill, couple of batteries, and a ladder if I need to bring it.

Sure, no need for stuff to put them up, but will be painting tomorrow. Got about 35 done today.

kushKrawlin said:
I'm writing the list on my hand so I don't forget. 3 somthin AM, and I'm ready to load! God does trey have propane yet? Please say yes. Can't wait to ride at night again finally!! :woot:

No, get it on your way.

Work is turned back on for Saturday morning but I am thinking about coming over as soon as I am done. Would be at the park around 1pm Saturday. Still plenty of time to help. Anyone riding Saturday night? If not, anyone got an empty passenger seat for Saturday afternoon to hang some signs? Hanging out and shooting the breeze Saturday night sounds like it could be fun.

692422219bbf5d43d7138df35c95059a.jpg

Sent using left thumb.

My god why does it take me so long to do anything !??! Finally haulin ass ! Surprisingly enuf hydroplaning with the rig behind me isn't bad at all. With these baled tires i highly suggest no one get in my way going up the hill through the gate. If my calculations are correct I should have to hit it about 35 mph to make it. Aweseome. Can't wait. Grand entrance in one hour.. 4 or 5 torques bits, big ass ladder; 2 drills and a bunch of batteries,, and a red BEAST floating down 20! :woot:

That's a lot of signage. Is there gonna be any work left for us tomorrow? And are yall riding tonight or tomorrow night?

creepycrawly said:
That's a lot of signage. Is there gonna be any work left for us tomorrow? And are yall riding tonight or tomorrow night?

Yes, plenty. Got the get them up in the right places!!!!!!!! And riding.

Had all intentions of being there tomorrow! Already borrowed my mothers 10' step ladder and all! my girlfriends uncle died Wednesday, that's sucks, but thought they would bury him today, and all would be good! Wrong! Waited a extra day for the out of town family to come in! So I get to go to a funeral, while y'all have fun.