• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Choice of Swamper?

I ran LTB's a while back. Super soft for street use. They will where fast. They work awesome offroad though.

X2 on this!:awesomework: Love my LTB's offroad. They flat spot too, but once they warm up they are ok. I don't dd my Jeep, just drove it to the trail, wheeled and drove back.

FWIW

Hi All:

What I think Crash was alluding to is the fact that Super Swamper SX tires are *really* heavy! Even heavier than their TSL brethren!

So, these really heavy bias-ply tires are gonna put a lot more strain on the Dana 44 axle in your rig than a typical radial MT type tire.

Regards,

Alan

Care to expand on that?

Originally Posted by crash:

SX's for sure. But they are going to be hell on your 44..

bias iroks. great all around tire. sx's are good but not even close to the iroks in the snow..

Alan nailed it. In the 38.5x14 flavor they have alot of rolling mass along with alot of traction...

Brand new the Irocs will kick butt in the snow. Once a little worn and compared to a set of broke in Sx's--pretty equal. The SX's will outlive a set of Irocs...

I've only ran TSL's and SX's... I like the SX's...

But, I put my SX's on a diet...:redneck:

Never ran them on the d44 though...

I've been pleased with my 35" LTB's in the white stuff...They do take a bit to break in....I've had mine a little over a yr, and they're finally softening up (sidewall); the tread is and was always pretty soft....

Latest posts