• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris's CJ7 Cage

looks good brad. I just cut the rear down tube off mine and it looked good without a 3 hoop safari theme haha. it is nice keeping the stock main hoop since it ties nicely into the factory frame crossmember in the body. here is mine. I do like the look of the halo style like you did too.
cage1.jpg

Looks good Brad. When bending seamed tubing,I always try to put the seam to the inside of my bend radius. I have no real world experience with this just have heard it is better if you don't stretch the weld.

Thanks again Brad.
Thank you! It looks great with color! Very good. That windshield frame made a huge difference too. Must feel nice to look at a good window frame while cruisin now.:awesomework:

Looks really good!!:awesomework: Can you still get a top on it? Just curious...
Thanks Kev :cool:

Yep, it fits with a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch max over the tubes. Its as close to the tub and roof as I could get it. :;

Hey Chris, post up and interior shot after the top is back on, it should look real cool with the red against the top.:D

I'll get some up this evening, it does look good. Got some cage padding in the front area also, worked out really well.

The stock hoops like that do tie into the crossmember nice, but I dont like how they have the kink in the bottom of them by the fender well. I dont know if that kink effects the strength much but it cant help. That is why I ditched mine.

I am using this thread as an example of the new rules that I have aplied to the garage area. The thread was origionally started by brad which by the rules I have created for this area is against those rules.

As you can see I have added the owner of the rig as the starter of the thread.

I am not trying to be a **** or a jerk but I am trying to keep this area from being flooded by shops simply pimping there work and this is the only way I can easily do it.

And the reason I fixed this thread because its a nice looking cage and I would like to see the finished pics.

As you can see I have added the owner of the rig as the starter of the thread.
Easily corrected. Good save.:awesomework:

And the reason I fixed this thread because its a nice looking cage and I would like to see the finished pics.
Looking forward to seeing the red tube with the top on against the white top/background.
:beer:

Latest posts