• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chrome molly axles for TLT

Bunk said:
Good luck Dude

thanks man, this will work, I know.

nobody has stepped up to the plate so I guess I am it. It will be fast and furious for sure and I am looking forward to the challenge to bring the hard parts we all need and want.

Looks like the production should start in 6 weeks. I can do the axles then for sure and then move on to the out drives. I might even have the out drives done also. They will start out as a traditional set up but really tough.

To help the R&P hold up I would highly recommend shimming the ring gear toward the pinion as tight as you can with out a bind or drag on the gears

after a while a R&P set will also be available and will be a spool.

The axles to be built will not be "chrome molly".

better than that it will be a steel alloy, better than 4140 or 4130.

These will be sweet, and I go see another machinist tomorrow to do the work. :D :clappy:

Dixon Ticonderoga said:
Chromo is a steel alloy. The last two numbers signify carbon content, the first two stand for alloy type. What alloy are you making them out of?
trade secret. :D these will be near unbreakable, the stock outers will suffer in wear but I am going to be offering outers too in the near future of the same alloy and so forth.

Dixon Ticonderoga said:
What alloy are you making them out of? Seems like anything more then 4340 would be overkill for this application.

All the alloys in that "range" would need to heat treated after machining. The alloy I am using is a HT alloy and after machining will not have to be heat treated to maintain strength beyond what we actually need.

Like I said, I want an axle that is "nearly" unbreakable. So you will have to watch it with these so you don't rip your truck apart. The other parts will be available as time allows for manufacturing and development of items are overcome.