• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chrome molly axles for TLT

Dude

I was just kicking out some ideas with a buddy of mine and I would like to see if there would be any interest.

Since the stuff we will be crawling will require a big tire, I think it is time to start making some real good reliable parts for the TLT.

So, what I am asking is, do you think there would be a market for such a thing? This would be a local market first to see how it goes.

Prices would have to be analyzed for production and I would be prototyping things on my rig first for reliability and function. There would be other stuff coming in the future if this thing pans out like non other out there. :D

How much would you all pay for a set of these axles? and would it be a good thing to bring aboard to the market.

discuss. :corn:

Although I haven't snapped a single shaft yet...knock on wood, i'm all for manufacturing some blingy parts. For 4 inner shafts I would hope the price could be kept below $50.

well $50 to $60 for a set of 4 is what I am shooting for.

They will be like a D60, the last axles you will ever buy. :D

( I heard that some where :haha: )

Dude said:
well $50 to $60 for a set of 4 is what I am shooting for.

They will be like a D60, the last axles you will ever buy. :D

( I heard that some where :haha: )
Sounds good. I am sure a ton of people on rccrawler would buy these up. So if you do do this, sell them here first then buy a vender star on rccrawler and sell them away.

VMGontheRocks said:
Sounds good. I am sure a ton of people on rccrawler would buy these up. So if you do do this, sell them here first then buy a vender star on rccrawler and sell them away.
:D :D :D :; :; :;

I have only broke one shaft but I would be willing to pay that just so I can hear a louder pop. :flipoff: Ok maybe it would just rip the knuckle off but I'm playing with an idea to eliminate most of my knuckle breakage. :cool:

i would definitely pay $60 for all four, but then the weak link i would think would be the ring and pinion.....:redneck:

crash said:
I can show you both versions on sunday joe

broken and

unbroken :D

Could i get a donor to measure? are they all the same? They better be small cause 4 pieces of machined chromo aint cheap.

I may have to do a run to trade for parts, This rc crawlin thing is killin me.

Could someone please shoot a pic of these axles..Im going nuts wondering about em

wow, I guess these are really desired huh. Take a pic someone!Next to a dollar bill would do.

Bunk said:
wow, I guess these are really desired huh.

yes they are and if you "want" to see them then I can come over and show you. I don't mean to be a ****, but what part of that don't ya understand?

Also, as soon as you make one just like what Tamyia has done you more or less have broken the law big time. So, are you ready to talk yet?? Or do you still want to steal my idea and fawk yourself over, your choise.:D

sorry Crash, I meant no harm in this. :; I tried the pm thing, but it seemes to not work sometimes.

Bunk, when do ya want to meet??:D Pm me and we can talk.

After giving it some thought, I think some outer drive axles should be included in a package. That way you won't start the "weak link" syndrome.

So with that said, I would be making these with a whole new drive system.

Basically the "pin" on the end of the axle could be the first to go. I could make that larger, but the whole design isn't officiant enough the way it is.

I wouldn't be doing a "cvd" type combo either, these crawlers are in a class of there own and I have 2 years of playing with these things and have found out the Rc crawlers are in a league of there own, as far as what is and has been tried before.

I would like to hear some input on what you guys would like to see.

Of course the final price would be higher,but in the long run, be cheaper for all who would be using these.

I think I have found the machine shop who can do this and keep up with production. After about 6 months of R&D they "might" be ready for distribution.

I am going to be offering these to the local guys first. If it wasn't for the local interest gained in the last year around here, I wouldn't have been able to get WARCRC off the ground and running for all of us to enjoy.