• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chromo shafts w/Yukon super joints VS Chromo shafts w/CTMs VS RCVs

ATX780

Does anyone have any experience with the Yukon super joints?

I'm doing my homework right now, and trying to figure out what I want.

I've heard/read mixed reviews on the Yukon super joints as compared to the CTMs.

Also, I'm going to eventually upgrade the shafts in my D60 and I've had RCVs before in my JK44, but I'm wondering if the RCVs are really worth the extra $$ as compared to regular chromoly shafts with either Yukon super joints or CTMs.

Any opinions here?

Horsepower, weight, tires , driving style. All depends. I wouldn't run rcvs on 37's and a 4.0.

Travis is running all yukon stuff in his new Hitman Buggy. The one that got about 12' in the air at RBD. :****:
So far so good. His buggy weighs around 3500lbs has 42 stickies and a nice 6.0 under the engine cage.

I may be a little biased ;D but I would go with yukongear.com that is what I am going to run in my buggy.

I have sold many sets of super joints over the past few years. The only one I ever had to warranty was a d44 in a customers jeep that lost the knuckle in a axle break/ bind stituation.
I would not worry about a superjoint in any application they will exceed the strength of the axles they are put in, as a general rule.
The most important thing as mentioned is to keep them greased.

If you need any call me 1 800 826 1623 or pm me I will respond with the best price you will find.
Also, if replacing all axles RCVs may not be as far out of your price range as you may think

_Jimmy

I run a set of Superior Evo Chromos 35 spline in/out w/ SuperJoints in my TJ frt 60 on 40 Treps and V8. I beat the piss out of them and never let up. Haven't broke one yet in 3 years and never grease them. I have been waiting though and carry a full set of Yukon Chromos with Bobby long 300M joints as spares. :woot:

I have wondered why so many people have had issues with the RCV? I have no experience with them, seems like a good design, is it breaking from over steering? or just cant handle the power like a traditional u joint? I have run CTM's for a while and beat the piss out of them and never had an issue, the RCV are alot cheaper, thats why I ask...

Thanks for the advice/posts... I ended up going with Yukon shafts and super joints.

It's under my buggy with a 383 on 42s and I've got a little bit of a lead foot, so we'll see how they hold up. From what I've read on different forums and what I've seen... looks like they get beat on a lot harder than I will ever beat on em by other people with bigger tires, more horsepower, and a heavier foot... and they're holding up just fine.

I think I'll be happy with the decision