• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chromolly or 300M custom Axle stub shafts?? where can i get them made?

rooinater

Basic run down, the weakest link of a subaru rearend is the CV shaft cups and the stub axle that goes into the rear diff. Since it appears i'll be hanging onto the subaru longer than i thought i need to look into getting some custom stub shafts made, a small run of 2 to 4 depending on the cost.

As long as i'm keeping the car i'll be converting the rear shafts to EA82 cups to try and eliminate breaking the cv's before i need to find custom cups...

Where could i find a machine shop, company or individual that can make some stub shafts along with a stronger bolt to retain them?? just trying to get quotes and depending on cost i should be ready to buy later this month or next. thanks, here is what they look like. As long as i'm keeping the car i'll be converting the rear shafts to EA82 cups to try and eliminate breaking the cv's before i need to find custom cups...

0128071510.jpg

0128071509.jpg

Last edited:
if it's too pricey i'll just find a IFS toyota rear axle and swap it in... since the subaru already has 4.11 gears in the diffs... i just need a stock ifs toyota rearend to swap in to meet the same track width. i just don't feel like putting a solid axle in the rear...

if it's too pricey i'll just find a IFS toyota rear axle and swap it in... since the subaru already has 4.11 gears in the diffs... i just need a stock ifs toyota rearend to swap in to meet the same track width. i just don't feel like putting a solid axle in the rear...

Ok then. It IS too pricey. I guarantee you that.

Mark Williams enterprises, in denver colorado... They have awesome prices for splining, and do awesome work!

jantz is in poulsbo and i personally have had a share of work done there ad is very reasonable,and you can show him in person, and don't have to send it off or travel to far. my 2 cents