• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CJ 7 Link Project

Drew is haulin that thang to David Brown in Mableton first thing Wednesday mornin to get it MUFFLED ;D

But I done told him yesterday that if he don,t take it o RBD cause of a muffler I was gonna kick his ass :****:

Talkin bout damn BUTT WELDER some damn PURPLE HORNIES to the exhaust manifolds and GO WITH IT ;D

I,ll get the new pics on here sometime today.

Well it ain,t got no exhaust yet,, but it is bout close to finished....heres the finished and painted upper link axle mount....

DREWSJEEP8008.jpg

here,s the bottom view with the SHINEY LINKS ......

DREWSJEEP8001.jpg

DREWSJEEP8010.jpg

driver side upper & lower link frame mounts finished up.....

DREWSJEEP8011.jpg

Heres the modified front shock hoops and drag link hangin from the "hangin tree paint booth"....

DREWSJEEP8064.jpg

DREWSJEEP8065.jpg

here they are installed with tacky paint on em...

DREWSJEEP8083.jpg

DREWSJEEP8081.jpg

DREWSJEEP8086.jpg

here is some steering ram mount modification to get it down outta the way of the panhard bar goin on....

DREWSJEEP8103.jpg

DREWSJEEP8088.jpg

DREWSJEEP8075.jpg

DREWSJEEP8076.jpg

DREWSJEEP8078.jpg

Now maybe if Drew gets some mufflers on it I will get some FLEXY pics of it at RBD on Friday ;D

very nice. exactly what i'm planning this winter. what coils did you use? lengths,diameters and spring rates for both front and rear. thanks

jasper said:
very nice. exactly what i'm planning this winter. what coils did you use? lengths,diameters and spring rates for both front and rear. thanks
jasper said:

The coils fit 3" coil over shocks. That is the i.d. of the spring.These are made by hyperco, but you could use any manufacture with the same results I would guess. I lucked up on mine and have 450# coils on all four corners. I have a 38" spare tire on the back and a 22 gallon fuel cell. Mild 2 Wild has seen my jeep and judging by some of the other builds they have done, they did the math and came up with the spring rate for mine. The springs are 12" tall out of the box and compress about an inch and a half when I set the weight down on them. I went to RBD at Morris mountain today and so far the whole suspention worked perfect. It was the first time out of the shop since I did the links and coils.

Well Drew should be PROUD,,,,,not only did he get the 7 done JUST in time for RBD,,it also KICKED ASS both days and worked FLAWLESSLY on the trails :dblthumb:

Heres its first OUT OF SHOP PICS,,,,,,FRESH OFF the trailer Friday morning,,,,,,

RBD2011010.jpg

RBD2011011.jpg

A little pre trail flex testing,,,,,,

RBD2011012.jpg

RBD2011015.jpg

RBD2011019.jpg

And finally on to what all the TIME and HARD WORK was about in the first place,,,,,,,,

RBD2011027.jpg

RBD2011056.jpg

RBD2011057.jpg

RBD2011086.jpg

RBD2011090.jpg

Drews CJ 7 used to TOWER over my zuki,,,,,,,,,NOT ANY MORE ,,,,,,,

RBD2011120.jpg

RBD2011162.jpg

RBD2011163.jpg

RBD2011167.jpg

RBD2011168.jpg

RBD2011171.jpg

wheelin WAY BETTER on the steep stuff now yall :dblthumb:

Thanks for the info on the coils. im doing about what you've done with about the same jeep. I've been told to use 250 lb coils seemed a little light.