• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CJ7 Exhaust

JeepDaddy

The headers and side exit mufflers gotta go. I have a set of manifolds to bolt on.

Where is a good place to have a V-8 dual exhaust system made? Or is pre-fab the way to go?

It's only a FI, HEI, 304, so I don't need any kind of super-flow setup, just something with a little rumble under throttle and exits out the back.

a buddy of mine made his with a pre bent tube set up where you make you own. ran it up over everything so it doesnt get messed up and a couple 40 series

I would recommend a nice single setup. It still sounds good with a nice muffler but doesnt take up so much of the undercarriage. Mine has single into a flowmaster and it is very throaty and rumbles.

Yeh, I was thinking about a single as well. Maybe dual to the muffler and then a single tailpipe out the back. I'm running the offset Quadra-trac, so I don't have much room underneath on the passenger's side. I have lot's of room in the middle and driver's side though.

JeepDaddy said:
Yeh, I was thinking about a single as well. Maybe dual to the muffler and then a single tailpipe out the back. I'm running the offset Quadra-trac, so I don't have much room underneath on the passenger's side. I have lot's of room in the middle and driver's side though.

i ran the passenger side around the front of the oil pan and tied it into the other side, then down driverside into a flowmaster and it rocks. high and tight and out the back. although i am gonna redo some of the front cause it didnt turn out exactly where it needed to be as i can see where the front DS has touched it.

IMHO id do it yourself if you have the skills cause then it will be perfect. the muffler dude just wants to get it done with no leak$.

I can do quite a bit myself. I did all the work on my CJ with the exception of re-splining the axleshafts and machining the flat-top knuckle, that's only because I don't have the tools to do it.

I don't have a bender to bend up the pipes. Even if I did, I imagine there is a bit of an art to getting the bends correct. I guess I could buy some pre bent 90's and cut them where they need to go and weld it in.

Randy will hand build a Y tube for you if you want to go single. That's what I did, and I love it. He knows how to tuck that sucker up tight too.

JeepDaddy said:
I can do quite a bit myself. I did all the work on my CJ with the exception of re-splining the axleshafts and machining the flat-top knuckle, that's only because I don't have the tools to do it.

I don't have a bender to bend up the pipes. Even if I did, I imagine there is a bit of an art to getting the bends correct. I guess I could buy some pre bent 90's and cut them where they need to go and weld it in.

i vasalated back and forth on that same issue and decided to go with randys at smokey point because of time. i figure it would take me a week to make it perfect using one of those kits from jeggs which cost about the same as having it done.

after going that way i really wish id done it myself. i can easily fix the minor issues i have with what i ended up with.:;

CrustyJeep said:
Randy will hand build a Y tube for you if you want to go single. That's what I did, and I love it. He knows how to tuck that sucker up tight too.

he tucked mine so tight i had to build a heat shield on my clutch slave cylinder cause the heat boiled the fluid in it.:stirpot:

Buy yourself a bunch of mandrel bent u-bends from summit or whoever (you'll also need some straight tube).

I takes a little time but you can make a tight exhaust that goes exactaly where you want it to.

I'll agree that a two into one system with a single flowmaster is the way to go.:;