• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cj7 lift question

gas is on the right

I just bought a 85 cj7... it has a superlift 4inch on 33's..... this is not a wheeler I drive back and forth to work....... well ok I might take it out once and awhile when my samurai is broke.....I just bought a brand new set of 35x12.50x15 KM2's.... this is where I have a question should I build a 2inch LIFT shackle so I can clear the 35's........im not sure what I should do. see the jeep drives normal now it will do 70 mph no problem...... I don't want the steering to be all wacky and be white knuckled at 50mph..........thanks for any help

If it's a DD you should probably stick to 33s. Or 35" MT/Rs. I got a set I'll trade you for those KM2s :flipoff:

I would not go more than 1/2-3/4" lift on the shackles. Any more than that and you start really messing with the caster and causing steering/handling issues.

To clear 35s with that 4" SUA lift, I would look into a 1" body lift and opening up the wheel wells a bit. Maybe use some Wrangler flares.

I would not go more than 1/2-3/4" lift on the shackles. Any more than that and you start really messing with the caster and causing steering/handling issues.

To clear 35s with that 4" SUA lift, I would look into a 1" body lift and opening up the wheel wells a bit. Maybe use some Wrangler flares.

yeah I did some reading today online.......thats what lots of guy do I think 1 inch shackle and a 1 inch body.....I hate wrangler flares on CJ's I think it takes away the old school look......I might build a set of 2 inch shackles and see what it drives .......I really dont want to put a body lift on:rb:....I still have my 33's on for now my KM2's wont be in tell tuesday

Id put a 2 1/2 inch lift on and a shackel reversal (makes it drive and steer nice) Thats what i have on my 84 cj8 drives great with 35s....

no lift at all and some tube front fenders with some trimming out back:awesomework: Low center of gravity is good on and off road:cool: