• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark's Buggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark

Well I can't take credit for what you see so far, but i've got a big headstart with this already a Roller. It had a floor, firewall, and pedals started, but i yanked them and will be doing it over. :awesomework:

Dimensions:
81" outside of tire to outside of tire
109" wheelbase
15.5" belly full bump
72.5" Top of roof full bump
should end up with 4-5" up travel so add that to the full bump numbers
engine is 12" behind the center line of the front axle.
46" interior width
49" outside width
unknown link length and geometry but it looks good for now (hope i don't have to change it, but let's get it up and running first)
90degree aproach and departure
1.5" .120 wall DOM

Specs:
LQ9 H.O. 6.0L with BLING!, headers, Tuned ECM, 5 wire harness, Drive by Cable
Built THM-350
Art Carr valve body and shifter
CNC 2in 2out cutter
Atlas II 3.8
Front Chevy Kingpin 60 35 spline inners/outers
Rear 60, FF, 35 spline chromos, 14 bolt outers, discs
5.38's and ARB's F/R
Drivelinetech drivelines, 1350 joints, 2 piece front, forged pinion yokes
42" Iroks
17" Walker Evans Beadlocks
Full PSC Hydro Steering
4 Link F/R chromo-kevlar heims
Ron Davis Rear Radiator
16" rear 14" front air shocks
front air bumps
12gallon tank
FJ cruiser grill/theme

I have to mount a ton of stuff, make and weld brackets, tabs, and gussets. Build a floor, firewall, roof, skins, skidplates. Build the axles, brakes, plumb, wire, paint, and details details details..... I will post updates as i start making notable progress.

DSCN1294.jpg

DSCN1295.jpg

DSCN1296-1.jpg

DSCN1297.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rig:awesomework:

What da hell you need tabs for? Pannels? Its all fabbed except small stuff?

Looks good tho:beer:

Previous owner is from Shoreline, previous to that it originated from Arizona. Everything is brand new, nothing has ever been run, 20k on the engine. what more could you ask for?

Nice rig:awesomework:

What da hell you need tabs for? Pannels? Its all fabbed except small stuff?

Looks good tho:beer:

Well i don't really need tabs for any chassis work, just mounting stuff, like accessories,coolers, floors, skins, battery,fuel pump, filter, ecu, grill, harness', dash, fuel cell, rear winch, arb compressor, shifter, brakes, and all the "details" the big stuff is done.

Making all of the tabs got me thinking about the cnc table. Thought i'd dig a little.

appreciate the props guys, can't wait to get some materials monday and start whipping stuff up.:cool::beer:

didn't he have aluminum floorboards built for it?.....I am runing its old gears 6:17's as he was going to put arb's in it.... that thing is sick....I had thought about buying it

Previous owner is from Shoreline, previous to that it originated from Arizona. Everything is brand new, nothing has ever been run, 20k on the engine. what more could you ask for?

This looks like the rig that I picked up in Phoenix about 2 years ago and hauled to shoreline for a guy named Ben?.........the guy in Phoenix that sold it had a tear in his eye when I hauled it out of there.

This looks like the rig that I picked up in Phoenix about 2 years ago and hauled to shoreline for a guy named Ben?.........the guy in Phoenix that sold it had a tear in his eye when I hauled it out of there.
I think that is the same...goes by illyota (spelling) on here and his name is Ben.....Very nice guy

It figures Ben would sell it when it was almost done:flipoff::beer:

Heres a generic source for misc tabs and whatnot, Shipping takes a while.

http://www.aa-mfg.com/

Last edited:
Looks like the start of a nice rig.:cool:

Pretty sick rig Clark.:awesomework:

Thanks guys:awesomework:

didn't he have aluminum floorboards built for it?.....I am runing its old gears 6:17's as he was going to put arb's in it.... that thing is sick....I had thought about buying it

Yes, had aluminum floor boards, but i had to yank them, i want it a little cleaner. I got the arbs and 5.38's with it too:;

I have 6 different styles of tabs for all kinds of stuff. let me know if interested.:cool:

I'll make some tomorrow, if i run out of steam i'll contact you:beer:

This is the one, i think Ben had a tear too.:booo:

I think that is the same...goes by illyota (spelling) on here and his name is Ben.....Very nice guy

That's him, ILLYOTA. Super nice, gave me a nice deal too.:cool:

well i got ahead of myself and made skin templates, the side is mirrored and fits both sides, so that worked perfect. Using the hood it came with but i'll clean it up. And made a roof template too. I have one sheet of aluminum too, but i think i'll need two, the panel is 25" tall, if it was an inch smaller i could do 2 on one sheet. More tomorrow:stirpot:

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1303.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.