• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cle elum

So I suppose I will see all of you at tomorrow nights twig meeting at Naches so you can voice your displeasure with the current status. :rolleyes:

what time and location? It seemed from the status, trails were opening as they where being checked? I really don't know the names to locations so well in the area I assumed Manastash was being opened slowly and I assume you might be able to get to the rocks... I was just looking for a status is all, I am not trying to make a point or change the process...

OUTLAW â€" Colville National Forest officers are looking for tips in the case of a four-wheel-drive vehicle that left deep marks in a restored meadow this month.

After the meadow had been torn up by “mudding†enthusiasts a few years ago, Forest Service crews worked to smooth and restore the seasonally-wet area with natural vegetation.

“It was almost 100 percent rehabilitated, before this,†said Franklin Pemberton, forest spokesman in Colville.

The damage apparently was done during the April 18-19 weekend in the meadow northeast of Colville on the Longshot Mine Road which is off the South Fork of Mill Creek Road.

Crews that responded to the earlier incident installed a wooden fence and a posted sign so it was obvious that vehicles are prohibited in the meadow, he said.

“All was well, for a couple years,†Pemberton said. “But a full-size vehicle drove over the sign and through the fence to go out and destroy this nice meadow.

“Damage is extensive. We are seeking any information anyone may have related to this incident.â€

Report any tips on this or any other mudding damage in the Colville National Forest at (509) 684-7177.

Incidentally, Colville forest officers recently succeeded in an investigation that led to a conviction on a mudding case from 2013, Pemberton said.

“This incident occurred off of the Middle Fork Calispel Creek Road and three individuals were involved. Two individuals paid the full restitution amount of $2,559.35 to repair the meadow and a third paid $1,500 and was banned from the national forest for one year.â€

A reward is offered by the Backcountry Hunters & Anglers for tips that lead to convictions in illegal off-road driving incidents on public lands.

Dear Trails and Wilderness Interest Group Member:

Our next District TWIG meeting will be held Tuesday, May 5th, at the Naches Ranger Station at 7PM.

Wendy Christensen, Technical Projects Program Manager from the Bureau of Reclamation, will present an update on the Yakima River Basin Integrated Water Resource Management Plan, with emphasis on projects in the Naches Ranger District area â€" such as proposals for the Bumping Reservoir.

We will also provide you with updates to what else is happening on the Naches District - with a focus on recreation updates.

Bill Zimmer, our Resource Assistant, will be hosting this meeting.

Please enter through the back door.