• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cle elum

pokey

just me
← Upcoming: L.T. Murray Range Clean UpUpcoming: South Fork Ahtanum Clean-up April 18 2015 →
News: Cle Elum Trails Off-Road Team 2015 Trail Opening Plan
Posted on April 13, 2015 by admin
Cle Elum Trails Off-Road Team
2015 Trail Opening Plan

From Mikki Douglass / Cle Elum Trails Off-Road Team:

Here is our plan â€" TANEUM â€" Our volunteers have worked really hard and have opened the Fishhook Flat loop, South Fork to snow line, Hoyt and Frost to snow line, and Gooseberry. We plan to have folks out clearing this Saturday and moving signs and opening trails for public use (TO SNOW LINE) this SUNDAY, April 19th.

MANASTASH â€" We will have a work part out clearing this weekend with TENTATIVE plans to open trails on Saturday, April 25th. CHECK BACK HERE AFTER THIS NEXT WEEKEND.

LIBERTY â€" We have a work party going out this weekend with plans to run and sign trails Saturday, and OPEN trails SUNDAY, April 19th.

HERE IS MY OBLIGATORY SEASONAL CLOSURE DISCLAIMER â€" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not run through the deep snow â€" if you are hitting snow, I promise it won’t get better as you continue west, so please just turn around! If you come to a downed tree, be a woods rider! Limb it and get your bikes over it â€" DO NOT RIDE AROUND IT â€" then give me a shout via PM and we will get out there and buck it up and off the trail….

I don’t want to debate whether riding through snow or around trees is okay on this page â€" bottom line: For the purpose of perception â€" it’s NOT. We, as a group, represent our sport. There are other groups that are advocating HARD SEASONAL CLOSURE dates (like many other areas have) â€" that would mean JUNE 15th EVERY SEASON; total bummer for years like this! Right now we are all on the trails a month early and have way more miles available to ride than in a typical JUNE months â€" so PLEASE respect the CLOSED trail signs at intersections. I understand that there are a few folks that we have to expect to blow by signs….but please, please, please…..don’t! The internal battles you guys don’t see….are fought hard, but it’s difficult to explain why we should continue with an “open as they melt out†policy when others go out and see signs ignored and resource damage done.

Gads…I hate lecturing â€" but please â€" politely educate those you see doing the wrong thing and just remember â€" this season, you will all have at least an extra month of FUN TRAIL RIDING! YAY! On another note…..Please respect PRIVATE PROPERTY and check your maps before you ride lower Kittitas County areas that you are assuming are OPEN. Most are not (most of the power line corridors go through PRIVATE land and are not open to OHV’s or any motorized. Getting a lot of calls in the Kachess area â€" btw. We have a lot of fun riding out there â€" so go enjoy.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE and I’ll see you on the trail!

Mikki Douglass
Cle Elum Ranger District
Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest

Cle Elum Trails Off-Road Team

For more Eastern Washington Public Land News, “Like†us on Facebook! Eastern Washington Adventures Facebook

Share this:
PinterestEmailFacebook29TwitterGoogle
Like this:
This entry was posted in Cle Elum Ranger District, Kittitas County, Liberty, Manastash, News, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, ORV and tagged Cle Elum Ranger District, Eastern Washington, Eastern Washington Adventures, Forest, Kittitas County, Liberty, Manastash, Mikki Douglass, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, ORV, outdoors, Seasonal Closure, Taneum, trails. Bookmark the permalink.
← Upcoming: L.T. Murray Range Clean UpUpcoming: South Fork Ahtanum Clean-up April 18 2015 →

MANASTASH â€" We will have a work part out clearing this weekend with TENTATIVE plans to open trails on Saturday, April 25th. CHECK BACK HERE AFTER THIS NEXT WEEKEND.

Did this happen? Are the Tripod/String/Quartz trails now open?

867-5309??

1-800-MIX-A-LOT??

777-9311??

Are you insinuating that Pokey won't be updating his thread or what? I appreciate the number to the C-E RD and all, but was just looking for an update from the OP.

I haven't seen an update from Mikkis best thing might be to call the ranger station for a straight answer or check Mikkis Facebook page for CleElumtrails.com

Thanks Pokey, will do.

Murk - wasn't trying to be an @$$, just trying to be funny... after re-reading my post it may have come across wrong. Sorry about that! Stupid innerwebz... :beer:

Update for this weekend - NACHES - REMAINS CLOSED. On our District - TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILS REMAIN CLOSED (historical hard closure for wildlife from October 15 to June 15). NORTH SIDE OF CLE ELUM DISTRICT -. Cle Elum Valley (Fortune Creek, Coral, Sasse, Jolly, and all Teanaway drainage) REMAIN CLOSED.

OPEN TRAILS -
LIBERTY - all 4x4 trails are OPEN on both sides of 97. If you see any signs to the contrary, I just haven't collected them....I think our volunteers got the all, however. RESPECT the TABLE MOUNTAIN CLOSURE! The Liberty trails run up into that area and it is SIGNED. Please stay off those trails!

MANASTASH - 4WD311 is OPEN. No single track or other 4x4 trails open this weekend. We had volunteers running the trails last weekend and they are NOT ready to open....but SOON!

TANEUM - Hoyt, South Fork, North Fork, Gooseberry, Cle Elum Ridge, Taneum Ridge are all OPEN TO THE SNOWLINE (basically to four corners and Taneum Shelter. We will have a crew pushing the snowline up high this weekend - so we will probably have more miles available next weekend.

EVEN IF YOU DO NOT SEE A TRAIL CLOSED SIGN, do not ride through the big snow patches.....It only gets worse as you get higher so you aren't going much further anyway....

WATV/UTV LICENSED VEHICLES - SOME roads will be open for your use on June 26th. I will post a map as we get closer but right now it only includes the Table Mountain routes. We are hoping to include Taneum and Manastash in the future but we are so checkerboarded with different land managers - that may take some time.....

That's what I know right now!!!!! Have fun, be safe!!!!

That's odd that no 4x4 trails are open in the Manastash (except 311). There were a bunch of wheelers up there today. Maybe they realize the trails are fine and should have been open weeks ago.

To many people don't think the rules apply to them. Not saying I agree with the rules as they are but the rule breakers make us all look bad.

When rules become ridiculous and the people who make them cannot be held accountable (Irene Davis is a good example) I say wheel on.

When rules become ridiculous and the people who make them cannot be held accountable (Irene Davis is a good example) I say wheel on.

Part of the reason we have the closed season is because of that kind of attitude. We have new rangers in place now and they are willing to listen to change. Meanwhile privilege d folks who don't think the rules apply to them continue to **** things up for all of us.

I eagerly await to see how much more opportunity we will have with a new ranger but do you really think any more trails or access will open up? The trails are fine right now but has the new ranger opened them? My attitude is not part of the reason we have seasonal closures. It's because the FS is run by environmentalists and is scared of being sued by environmentalists. Your belief that the system works is shown false by the amount of access we have now vs. 30 years ago. Not to sound too patriotic but this country has a strong history of disobedience to rules/laws which are not correct. That's how the country was founded. "folks who don't think the rules apply to them continue to **** things up for all of us." It's such a tired line by organizations/people who all they are doing is (maybe) slowing the rate of decline. When the eviro FS sets the rules of the debate you've already lost. It's the FS who has screwed things up for us.

I eagerly await to see how much more opportunity we will have with a new ranger but do you really think any more trails or access will open up? The trails are fine right now but has the new ranger opened them? My attitude is not part of the reason we have seasonal closures. It's because the FS is run by environmentalists and is scared of being sued by environmentalists. Your belief that the system works is shown false by the amount of access we have now vs. 30 years ago. Not to sound too patriotic but this country has a strong history of disobedience to rules/laws which are not correct. That's how the country was founded. "folks who don't think the rules apply to them continue to **** things up for all of us." It's such a tired line by organizations/people who all they are doing is (maybe) slowing the rate of decline. When the eviro FS sets the rules of the debate you've already lost. It's the FS who has screwed things up for us.

I fully agree and your right the FS is ran by the enviros. Why is that ? Its because their very organized and supported by their LARGE number of "members" because of this they are able to sway congress critters that control the funding and their able to sue when they don't get their way. We could counter this but lets face it wheelers are cheap and are not able to see the big picture so they don't join and don't belong or support the orgs that can make a difference. Until people pull their heads out of the sand and realize what needs to be done were going to continue to be on the loosing side of the fence.

I fully agree and your right the FS is ran by the enviros. Why is that ? Its because their very organized and supported by their LARGE number of "members" because of this they are able to sway congress critters that control the funding and their able to sue when they don't get their way. We could counter this but lets face it wheelers are cheap and are not able to see the big picture so they don't join and don't belong or support the orgs that can make a difference. Until people pull their heads out of the sand and realize what needs to be done were going to continue to be on the loosing side of the fence.

yup.

So I suppose I will see all of you at tomorrow nights twig meeting at Naches so you can voice your displeasure with the current status. :rolleyes: