• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clocking down a 208???? (Flame suit on)

NP208's are stronger than most people give them credit. I beat on one for years with a built big block, 4 speed, and 44" boggers. I really didn't excpect it to live past the first ride and it is still running to this day.

Re:

Here u go, it's a np208 clocking ring for up or down. http://diy4x.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=64

Clocking ring is the same as d300. I wouldn't spend the money for this though. Clock it down a hole, and wallow a hole or loose a stud if needed.

NP208s are 32spline outputs F&R. They have the same planetary sent as the np271 that is run in the newer diesels. Keep oil in them and the chain tight and itll last a long time in a mud truck.

paradisepwoffrd said:
Clocking ring is the same as d300. I wouldn't spend the money for this though. Clock it down a hole, and wallow a hole or loose a stud if needed.

NP208s are 32spline outputs F&R. They have the same planetary sent as the np271 that is run in the newer diesels. Keep oil in them and the chain tight and itll last a long time in a mud truck.
Its not the same look at post #14 that is correct one hole is off on 208. so when you use a 208 adapter for dana 300 you have to grind one hole out

bee513 said:
Its not the same look at post #14 that is correct one hole is off on 208. so when you use a 208 adapter for dana 300 you have to grind one hole out

Ive used the same clocking ring on both. The pattern is not symmetric or evenly spaced, and that is why you need to wallow the hole. This difference is typically seen when swapping DSD to PSD or visa-versa.

Whatever you do make sure to update this thread once you do it so as to set all of us know-it-all's straight. ;)

Lol sure thing. It's going to have to be dropped if he plans on playing this weekend. It's going to look stupid an I'm going to have to build a cross member but I think it's going to happen :****:

Here is one bolt hole down.... Damn near centered under trans. All the bolt holes line up cept one on driver side. A lil bit if wallering an it would go tho

Dang junky cv drive shaft still binding a at full droop tho.

Probly going to grind the collars on the joints an turn him loose for the weekend.... Again this ain't something I would usually do but it's only temporary

Decided that was too ghetto even for the likes of me:).... So I put case back and found a front out put I had stuck back. Done some callin around an found some high angle 1310 joints. Gone do that for time being so the guy can enjoy the truck for a weekend or two til we get all the parts up to swap in Muncie an 205. It worked tho, good knowledge for camp fire but not useful for anything I'm doing :****: