• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilover Tech

Re: Re: Re: Coilover Tech

cdemart2 said:
I was there and was surprised how few people showed up considering how many talk about how they wish Wayne came east more.
It's limited participation sign up only from what I understand. Couldn't imagine that you could tune a bunch of rigs at once?

Re:

There where spaces available people are just cheap he did bypass and coilovers guy had skills I'm positive he can tune great for the south he could probly tune a pogo stick to climb everest no bs guy is just that good

Re:

Wayne can tune for any terrain, as I'm sure any reputable tuner can. Biggest thing is tuning at a place that had the type of terrain you will be driving over. You want him to tune for a bouncer, need to have him watch your rig bouncing. ...

But as previously stated, u4 tuning works really well over any terrain. ...they don't JUST drive fast. ..
matt

Neal3000 said:
Seems like ultra4 rigs have more than held their own in those hillkiller shootouts, i'd be willing to bet Wayne tuned most if not all of them.

Not all of them. Just the fast ones....

After Bobby "bounced" backdoor last year on his coilovers some of the ultra 4 guys turned around and went back to camp. Just saying.

Hate to derail the **** measuring here but one if my coilovers isn't holding nitrogen? I've never been in them before what do I need to look for?

Jwhit55 said:
Hate to derail the **** measuring here but one if my coilovers isn't holding nitrogen? I've never been in them before what do I need to look for?

On emulsion shocks:
Check the schrader valve core and where the valve threads into the body
The valve has either an o-ring or pipe thread seal, pipe threads are more prone to leaking
Also check for oil leakage - but I assume you would have noticed that

On remote reservoir shocks also check the o-ring on the end cap where the schrader valve screws in.

Jamie, check this vid out on disassembly and just look for a damaged seal... you can use soapy water to see if the leak is coming out of the shrader or res... can't remember if you have res' or not.. are you leaking oil or just losing n2?

Neal3000 said:
Kel, this is a great video on how to disassemble/rebuild Fox shocks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POunLnsInQk

zjtrey said:
Jamie, check this vid out on disassembly and just look for a damaged seal... you can use soapy water to see if the leak is coming out of the shrader or res... can't remember if you have res' or not.. are you leaking oil or just losing n2?

Be careful, that video skips the most important step of bleeding the air out of the shock after re-assembly.

Jwhit55 said:
Hahaha your just jealous! Missed you at hot springs man you been good?

BUG-E J said:
Hahaha your just jealous! Missed you at hot springs man you been good?

Thanks guys!! No res' just emulsions. It's not leaking any oil just nitrogen. I've been charging it before every ride but now it's like it leaks out over night. I'll charge it and see if Schrader valve is leaking.

Been good, just taking a break for awhile and trail riding at some local spots near the house! Glad to see you out in your buggy, I know your pumped about it!!

Re: Re: Coilover Tech

mcutler said:
Do tell this step. ....

matt

This is for remote reservoir and IFP shocks only:

Before putting the piston rod back in the body, move the seal head towards the rod end.

Insert the piston into the oil and gently stroke it back and forth in order to bleed air out from under the piston.
Being gentle is key or you'll move the floating piston.
You will want to push hard enough to crack the compression disks open and let the air pass through.
You're done when no more bubbles come out.

Then finish re-assembling the shock.

Whats a good affordable coilover to go with on a light weight samurai based tube chassis? Not wanting to break the bank. :dunno:

Latest posts