• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Comfortable steel toe and WATERPROOF work boot recommendation

easleycrawler

Yota Freak
I'm needing a new pair of work boots. Must be comfortable, I'm on my feet all night on concrete, and have to be 100% water proof. Price is not a real big issue, I don't mind paying for good quality boots. Let's hear some recommendations. I work in and around water all night, and some occasional chemical work.

Timberland pro vibram. Super comfortable and still waterproof after 6 months. Mine are not steel toe but I'm sure they make them in ST. When these wear out I'll buy another pair just like them.

And I'm around water and chemical daily. Keeping my feet dry is a must, especially in the winter.

Re:

Always loved my Carolinas when I did construction. Driving a truck I don't wear them out nearly as much anymore so they last a lot longer. I wear my Carolinas in nice weather and Mucks in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what waterproof options they have but I'm officially sold on Keen footwear for work shoes. I bought the Keen Atlanta Cool's about this time last year and they should last me another 2 years at least. Comfortable enough to where I wear em on the weekends also, unless I am going out somewhere.

Just looked on their website and Keen has a Waterproof line of work boots/shoes. I probably will never buy another brand work shoe. I actually bought a pair of Keen outdoor water shoes too. Great feeling and lasting shoes and their customer service is top notch. Actually got free shoestrings (static draw cord kind) recently because I broke one in my work shoes.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/products/shoes/men/139,3456

Keen all the way for me from now on! I'm on my feet on concrete all day for the past two years and I've had the Atlanta cools for a year now and they're still just as comfortable as the first day I put them on.

Go with the Keen work boots. They're durable and comfortable. Also, it might benefit you to visit a podiatrist and have a set of orthotic in soles made. I ride an ATV (we mostly ride standing up and in some bad rocky terrain) and hike a lot at work. I wear Lowa Renegades hiking boots with orthotics that were specifically shaped for my feet.......freakin awesome. Also, believe it or not, good socks make a huge difference. I recommend thick synthetic wool socks.

If rubbers are an option, mucks are comfortable. But they are to hot for summer

Go try a pair on somewhere. When I bought mine, I tried them on for the first time and just told her I would wear them out, threw my old New Balance tennis shoes in the Keen box, paid $120, and went to the mall with the ole lady and walked around all day in them. It sounds dumb for me to be this excited and happy with them, but I've went through a few different kinds of work shoes with this prosthesis, because I have to have steel toes, but can't use a heavy ass boot on the ole fake leg. The Keen's were a huge breath of fresh air. Factory soles in the Atlanta Cools work perfectly for me. My right foot/ankle has a lot of damage in it and most any shoe I have worn since my bike wreck has hurt it after a while of standing, but these soles are perfect and like mentioned above are just as comfortable today as they were new a year ago.

Put me on a fawking billboard son, I'll preach Keen shoes all day long! :****: molaugh

Bama said:
If rubbers are an option, mucks are comfortable. But they are to hot for summer

Muck Boot Co. doesn't make steel toes, do they?

Edit: They do now, cool! But yes, definitely too hot of a boot to wear year round.

It sucks, all the keen dealers near me, don't have the style I want. I like the Louisville 6" boot. I want to try it on before I buy them. I may just have to order them and hope for the best.

easleycrawler said:
It sucks, all the keen dealers near me, don't have the style I want. I like the Louisville 6" boot. I want to try it on before I buy them. I may just have to order them and hope for the best.

If it helps, I wear an 11 in New Balance tennis shoes and an 11 in my Keens fit just as good. Maybe even a little more room in the keens due to the steel toe.

Re:

Keens are far better than anything else I've tried. Been through carhartt, wolverine, merrill, red wings, and timberlands. Never tried the timberland pro. Carhartt and others all last around 7 months, red wings lasted 3, first wolverines made it 32 days. Second pair made it 3 months.

My first pair of keens made it a year and I was still wearing them when I bought replacements, as my go to store was going out of business.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk