• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Comfortable steel toe and WATERPROOF work boot recommendation

Timberland pro are great boots I work with heavy equipment and these boots are super comfortable and the only ones I have had last over a year and I have tried all the big names over the last few years

KEENS never look back. I wore many different types over the years while dealing with Plantar Faciitus, at times I couldn't walk to the bathroom the next morning after a mild 8 hour day of work. I started wearing Carolinas and things got a little better, just enough to get 8 hrs in and get rest. I went to Keens after someone I work with mentioned them and the pain was cut more than half and have been working 84hrs weekly 9+ months a year.

Just for future info to who needs it....If a doctor wants to perform surgery on you for Planter Faciitus, ask for references... I had the surgery in 2005 by Dr. Hames in Florence, AL and it was a nightmare..****ed me up bad. Then sent me out the door with botched surgery and MRSA staff infection that was a 8 month battle and several thousand dollars to stop. :****:

poolman said:
Timberland pro vibram. Super comfortable and still waterproof after 6 months. Mine are not steel toe but I'm sure they make them in ST. When these wear out I'll buy another pair just like them.

And I'm around water and chemical daily. Keeping my feet dry is a must, especially in the winter.

I'm on my 3rd pair and have a 4th waiting for when my current ones wear out, they were on sale so I got 2 pairs last time. Mine have a composite toe which is recommended for electrical work but it's just as strong as a steel toe and meets ANSI standards. I've had Danner, Rocky, Carolina, Georgia and plenty of others and these are my favorite. They weigh a good bit less than my last pair of Georgia steel toes too.

Re:

I wear the timberland and they are comfortable, just the sole only last about 6 months for me. The redbacks have very good traction.

I've had a couple pairs of Timberline Pros and just switched to Dr Martins to try. Timberlines break on the bottoms every pair I've had. Same spot.

I need to research these Keens now after all this talk!

j-mox said:
I've had a couple pairs of Timberline Pros and just switched to Dr Martins to try. Timberlines break on the bottoms every pair I've had. Same spot.

I need to research these Keens now after all this talk!
I ran into this several years ago, if you buy your boots from a work wear store ( here its called Kentucky work wear ) the boots are different quality than from let's say a shoe carnival or a big box store. I've bought keens. I wouldn't buy them for half the price of the timberlands, and these are not just pro's , there a pro vibrant. But that's just me.

For what it's worth I'm around water all day everyday ,,,mud and dirt.

Re: Re: Comfortable steel toe and WATERPROOF work boot recommendation

jp fan said:
You will pay up for them but REDWINGS made in the USA that are Gortex lace up's these are much better quality than those made in China
http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2412-red-wing-shoes/2412-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown
I've had a couple boot salesman tell me that anytime you go to a waterproof membrane boot like Gore Tex that they won't be made in the US and that includes American brands like Redwings. I tried Redwings a few times but they lasted significantly less time than my Georgias or Carolinas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wear carolina ca5020 they are a broad toe boot, i have big wide feet and i wear these every day and really comfortable, wont put anything else on my feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent worn keen workboots but their other outdoor shoes are nice. I like redbacks. Got some off the matco truck and they are amazing. I work 5am-10pm most days on concrete all day. My feet have hurt in everything. I would wear out new balances every month. These redbacks have been the most comfortable and longest lasting work shoe I have ever used

I have a pair of Laredo's, not steel toe but water proof and very comfortable.

I've got some Irish Setter pull-ons that have held up pretty good. Composite toe so lighter than most steel toes and fit great.

I've had two pairs of Keen Detroit's and now the taller Pittsburg model. The Detroit's are the lightest, most comfortable steel toe I've ever worn. Went with the Pittsburg's this time for more ankle support. They are considerably heavier but very comfortable as well. I won't look at another manufacturer for steel toes.

Re:

Composite toes are the way to go if you need toe protection. They don't get as cold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't spend my money on anything but danners, made in America, gore-tex, and vibram soles. I have one pair for over 6 years.

tried most of all mentioned, on my second set of danner quarrys and they are great boots with awesome customer service, i farm for a living so im extremely hard on boots, i have a pair of keen low top shoes which are very comfortable but never tried there boots might have to after this thread