axles: TLT axles, shaved, aluminum c's and knuckles
TX: Spektrum DX3
Wheels: axial rockstars w/kreepy rock rings
tires: losi rock claws
trans: RC4WD R2D
motor: 35t Warrior
ESC: Rooster Crawler
shocks: 100mm shocks off ebay

here are a couple pics of the chassis. mine will be in black will post more pics and update as parts start to arrive
x51-2.jpg

x.jpg

Last edited:
What tranny are you going to run?

If you go with the crawlmaster, make sure you put a lot of voltage to it, I have been running it on 7cells and it is kind of a dog, the 35t warrior ran pretty well on the 7cells though.

I can't believe I read over that, oops...

I would say probably 30-40 minutes pretty easy with Elite 1500 cells.

Very cool..

I am still wanying to build a tuber but not to comp in as I have yet to see one do as well as a plate style chassis......

Very cool..

I am still wanying to build a tuber but not to comp in as I have yet to see one do as well as a plate style chassis......

i've never even been to a comp, but i plan to sometime soon. this chassis also seems to ahve more adjustablility than most tube chassis.

the layout of this chassis looks to have shock mountin position's very similar to some of the plate chassis out there as well.

we'll see though

i've never even been to a comp, but i plan to sometime soon. this chassis also seems to ahve more adjustablility than most tube chassis.

the layout of this chassis looks to have shock mountin position's very similar to some of the plate chassis out there as well.

we'll see though

Can't wait to see it :awesomework:

went bargain hunting and found a couple good deals
switched up tranny's and got a good deal on a RC4WD R2D
also picked up a rooster crawler at a fairly low price.

ordered up the Warrior 35t motor to go with teh rooster crawler.

everything but the shocks and motor showed up on monday.
100_1188.jpg

got the tranny, esc and rx mounted this evening (post pics tomorrow)
gonna have to run my old traxxas servo for the dig for a while :(

got most of it mocked up/put together today.

100_1195.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1199.jpg

what's left to do:

-need to shorten the rear links 1/8-1/4" right now it sits at 12 9/16" so i'd rather be a little under 12.5"
-need to sleeve the allthread with some of my old Easton ACC arrow shafts
-build a skid for the bottom
-change shock location a little to get a bit higher ride height it's right at 2.5" belly clearance. would like about 2.75-3"
-replace some screws with button head's since i ran out about 1/2 way through.
-install warrior 35t motor when it gets here
-install panels

got the links finished today, also got the electronics buttoned up. still need to get drive shafts and waiting for my order for maxamps, and r2d bushings to get here.

here are the final specs on the rig

wheelbase: 12 3/8"
overall width 10.5"
height: 7 1/4"
Clearance 2 5/8"
R2D tranny
35t warrior motor
rooster crawler
2s 2100mah lipo from maxamps
axial beadlocks with kreepy rings
losi rock claws with kreepy foams
DX3

100_1210.jpg

100_1212.jpg

I'm diggin' the Easton shafts man :awesomework:

I might be able to get you some scrap aluminum or possibly some stainless steel sheet from work for panels. I'll go by the metal shop and see what they're working on this week.

How much money do you have into this build? I want to do a AX-10 Tuber and i like that tuber body. Curious as to how your doing panels on it as well.

Looks sick!!!:awesomework:

I'm diggin' the Easton shafts man :awesomework:

I might be able to get you some scrap aluminum or possibly some stainless steel sheet from work for panels. I'll go by the metal shop and see what they're working on this week.

it was tough for me to cut them up. those shafts used to run 179-199 a dozen back when i was shooting competitively.
i've got lexan panels for it, just waiting on Blue Torch to get me some stickers to put on it.

How much money do you have into this build? I want to do a AX-10 Tuber and i like that tuber body. Curious as to how your doing panels on it as well.

Looks sick!!!:awesomework:

i'm into it all about 650 total. i did steal the rear steer servo from my axial as well as the wheels and tires. that total also includes about 125 on my spektrum dx3

Wow not bad. Mine wont have rear steer, and probably not an r2 either since i wont be going hardcore quite yet. Dont be mad if i copy your build though:redneck:

Great work, very interested to see the panels. I saw a guy use pop cans cut up for his panels, i thought that was pretty cool as its pretty realistic when u dent and bang into something!

:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

Just remember if you have ANY plans of doing any comps---toss that rear steer now--don't get used to using it or it will bite ya in the butt :redneck:

Don't ask me how I know :awesomework:

Just remember if you have ANY plans of doing any comps---toss that rear steer now--don't get used to using it or it will bite ya in the butt :redneck:

Don't ask me how I know :awesomework:

don't have rear steer in either rig now. the comp tuber has an r2d my AX-10 kit will be staying pretty much stock for a while.

Last edited: