• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cone washer delete.

On a related note, can I replace the lower studs with a bolt for clearance? Want to make sure I don't smash the studs on the rocks.

Have 6 shooters on the way for the uppers. I was looking at the 25mm MC upgrade for the lowers but seems like they are hard to get in touch with these days

just stripped out another side's worth or arps today.... not real happy about that... gonna have to go this route or upgrade to maybe the tg chromo hubs with the dowels already in place and replace with what better be warrantied arps
or..........
what do you guys think about the longfield studless hubs http://www.frontier4x4.com/Longfield-Studless-Toyota-Hub-Kit_p_5132.html
if I am reading correct, once installed you can not just shift out of 4wd? not in love with that idea either but I am getting sick of rebuilding/ redrilling/ messing with factory hubs and studs for the flanges

I have a front 60 I just acquired and as soon as I can afford to, I intend on dressing it and doing a ton swap ( thank goodness )

8407997189dfd0702ebc36d257920f33.jpg

This is the difference be between the stud and 7/16s bolt. I'm sold on this upgrade

smbroady82 said:
just stripped out another side's worth or arps today.... not real happy about that... gonna have to go this route or upgrade to maybe the tg chromo hubs with the dowels already in place and replace with what better be warrantied arps
or..........
what do you guys think about the longfield studless hubs http://www.frontier4x4.com/Longfield-Studless-Toyota-Hub-Kit_p_5132.html
if I am reading correct, once installed you can not just shift out of 4wd? not in love with that idea either but I am getting sick of rebuilding/ redrilling/ messing with factory hubs and studs for the flanges

I have a front 60 I just acquired and as soon as I can afford to, I intend on dressing it and doing a ton swap ( thank goodness )

The studless hub kit basically converts the yota to the same setup as a 60. It allows the use of a drive slug...or what they are calling a drive puck.

It has nothing to do with shifting from 4wd...just means you can't unlock the hubs...same as running drive flanges on the stock yota parts.

has anyone actually been able to extract the broken studs out of the hub?

TG wants the pieces of the ARPs to warranty them. The hub is shot now and I have broke 2 easy outs trying to get a piece of ARP out to warranty.

going to try the tg chromo hubs I guess and another set of ARPs. I am really tired of drilling out Toyota hubs so this is my last act of desperation before I lose my mind.

Re:

Never had any problems getting them out, I used loctite so I just heated them a little and walked them out with a screwdriver last time, before that I didn't use loctite and just walked them out. Good lucks!!

smbroady82 said:
Man I'll try that but it's getting to the point to where it's not worth wasting any more of my time over $50 studs

Why are you wasting your time on these overpriced studs. The delete works

Technician said:
Why are you wasting your time on these overpriced studs. The delete works

regardless of what I end up doing, I want them warrantied. even if it is only to throw them in my spare parts. And I already had the studs way before I ever knew about the delete

I believe the delete works, I just don't know if I want to fool with finding new hubs and drilling and tapping them out

Latest posts