• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Converting 2wd TH400 to 4wd......

DHR Darren

Anyone remember what parts are needed to make a 2wd TH400 trans into a 4wd? I wanted to run a divorced TC but that isn't looking like a viable option now as I can't find a GM divorce mount TC.

Stop looking for a GM divorced case and get a Dodge case. They are rather common and have 32 spline outputs instead of the GM 10 spline crap. :;

GM never used a divorced NP205. Dodge and IH did and one of those would work. Some of the 2wd th400s you can just unbolt the rear slip spline housing and trim the 32 spline shaft if it is too long. There are several lengths of slip splines or bolt on 2wd yokes.

GM never used a divorced NP205. Dodge and IH did and one of those would work. Some of the 2wd th400s you can just unbolt the rear slip spline housing and trim the 32 spline shaft if it is too long. There are several lengths of slip splines or bolt on 2wd yokes.

this is what I did although on a 4l80e:awesomework:

What length would I need to bolt a 205 to it as I'd rather have a married unit.