• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Copper creek snow?

slideshow86

How much snow is at copper creek now?

I had planned to drive up there with another friend tomorrow and he just bailed. I dont like going too deep in snow solo.

Thanks

Theirs a big group going to HI ROCK tomarrow.. They will let you tag along....

Where do I begin....

Well the wife and I decided to go the high rock since I know the area better and where to stand to get cell service if needed. At the bridge I saw two trucks parked with trailers, figured they must be wheelers, it was a good sign because I was hoping someone would be able to help in the event I get really stuck. I made my way up the hill, after we got into a little snow we came to a group of 5+ mainly stock rigs blocking the road. They figured no one else was passing by? Took them 15 minutes to get out of the way and getting them selves stuck in the process. After a few more corners there was another group that was also blocking the road. They were pretty quick about moving. Made my way up to where all I saw was snowmobile tracks and I turned around.

Tree hunting was fun. Had a blast with the wife wandering around in the snow picking out our three. We left with about an hours worth if light left. We followed our tracks around the first group we came to, but then we came to a group of stock trucks trying to turn around in the worst possible place, all because they pressed on as far as they could physically go. Grr this **** pissses me off! We waited for 20 minutes while these jokers screwed around, obviously city folk. I asked if I could help, they said no, I asked if I could go around and they chuckled. I said move as far over as possible, I'm hitting it with speed. Got one tire in the rut and the other in the soft pack, 2nd gear WOT got me around all of them. As I passed each truck I could hear things like "damn is that truck for sale" and "I think he knows how to drive in the snow" :D only to make it two more corners to see two more stock trucks stuck. Didn't wast time just went around them fools too! Two more corners MORE TRUCKS STUCK!! Some were even just heading up the hill durring night fall, no brains? All in all, I passed like 10+ trucks that had no business in the snow.

We got to skate creek road 30+ mins after night fall and all I could think is WTF are these guys thinking? Oh and, I'm glad I'm not up there with them right now!

Sorry for the long winded responce. I just want to give a snow report.

We didn't get to the top turn around at high rock. The road lost its hard pack after the last intersection. The last intersection is packed and is a great turn around point. If you know what your doing you should have no issues. Remember cold weather clothes, shovel and recovery gear. Please remember it gets dark at 4ish in the mtns, so leave ample time to GTF outa there. Please don't go solo...

Where do I begin.... WTF are these guys thinking?.

They dont think, they just drink beer and it all works out. :haha:

Be glad ya didnt go to copper creek, it way worse and packed with even more citiots.

They are now starting to overflow even to high rock.

The only way I pull retards out is if its to point them downhill.

The trailers you seen were most likely snowmobiles.

I tried helping a guy last weekend. His response was a cocky, "you want to drive it?"

Thats the wrong thing to ask me! :D

We didn't see anybody (lucky us) guess we picked a good road to go up, the snow sucked, so we went to elbe and watched rollovers on sunrise and mainline :beer:

Well I know the normal snowmobile turn around spot. Even with trailers these guys make it up to actual snow pack (almost as far as these "citidiots" as you call them :awesomework: ) The trailers I saw were down at the bridge when u first pull off skate CR road. I figured they were wheelers. But u know, even when I came down in the dark, they were still sitting there empty?

I normally always help folks (specially if there solo w/o a group) This was just beyond helping. Plus I was late for a reservation to sit in a hot tub in the mtns and drink bubbly with my wifey.... PRIORITIES.

Ya glad I didn't go to copper creek...

Last edited:
We didn't see anybody (lucky us) guess we picked a good road to go up, the snow sucked, so we went to elbe and watched rollovers on sunrise and mainline :beer:

We didn't get up early as I wanted. But our goal was tree hunting. If I had a friend and not my wife, Ida went to elbe too...

The road to High Rock looked like I5 yesterday. We saw 3 rigs on the way up and probably 20 stacked up on the way down. Good thing we don't much room to pass on our sleds because some of those guys looked like they were going to be up there for awhile. :kissmyass:

oh man I don't think anyone got photos of Verlot yesterday, but it was the same thing. Parkling lot at the quarry and a few guys trying to make it up.

They were all 'bellevue' types.. it was hillarious seeing a brand new 60k VW Torgan (sp?) chaining up. When I asked them if the aired down they replied: "Whats the good for?"

hahahaha

Amj - lets see a pic of the ROO :D

I have a couple short videos. To bad I corrupted the video file that showed the parking lot. Plus coming around the corner to find 2 people walking up the road with a tarp before we saw the rigs.

Small jump we played on for sec.
http://www.facebook.com/v/10150449047547996

Exploring a deadend.
http://youtu.be/mnGqkvQmLMM

Couple of photos from last year:
198989_1726060349203_1169246788_1578503_788992_n.jpg

167642_1508322192338_1362835856_31167737_5110240_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was my wife and I. We had a bow saw as well. Once u cut down the tree, u put it on tarp and drag it through the snow.

It just looked odd as we came around the corner. Figured you were going for a tree or a little :masturbanana[1]:in the woods.