• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Copper theives caught Very Graphic caution - 35% For Graphic Photos

FroggF350

I work for GA Power and have repaired dammage equiptment, but I have yet to roll up on this!
Copper theft in Vegas is higher than most anywhere in the country, either the thieves are getting "Stupider" or "Braver" :dunno:

file002.jpg

file005.jpg

file003.jpg

file006.jpg

file004.jpg

file000.jpg

FwGOODTh.jpg

file001.jpg

Title Changed, John galbreath Jr.

Re: Copper theives caught Very Graphic caution

Sorry for being nieve but I don't get it. Obviously they're burnt to **** and got electrocuted but what is all the **** all over them? Looks like mud and melted aluminum??? Is it just askes from their clothes and the ensuing debris fire?

J. J.

Looks like ashes from the flames and all their clothers burning. Thieves deserve what they got :flipoff1:

Most likely they was wearing a polyester blend. And it burns and sticks to you like rubber. being in electrical maintenance we are not allowed to wear anything but 100% Cotton. That is working with 12v DC to 480v AC and up. I have seen horror pictures before. But this tops it.... But thieves should think twice about this...

I have no empathy toward dumbasses like that. I wonder what it smelled like.

Whats bad is, they could have made as much money working at McDonalds for what that wire is worth. Very little copper inside and its a bitch to get it out. Maybe $50-$100 worth if they got all of it from the ground to the switch. :****:

caglezxj said:
Most likely they was wearing a polyester blend. And it burns and sticks to you like rubber. being in electrical maintenance we are not allowed to wear anything but 100% Cotton. That is working with 12v DC to 480v AC and up. I have seen horror pictures before. But this tops it.... But thieves should think twice about this...

amen brother not quite for sure what voltage that is but it is plain an simple!!! that primary dip pole seen one hell of a fire! what's so bad is that this stuff is happening everyday and there is not really nothing the power companies can do about it!! and yeah what u see is poly almost 100%or somthing besides 100% cotton/FR!

and the insides of them guys bodies is twice as bad as what yall are seeing on the outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i hope to god i never have to pull up one night on a case of a power outage and see somthing like this!!!!!

i can't imagine what the line crews had to go through putting that **** back up the pole!!!!!!

sucked to be on call that night!!! :eek:

putting the lines back up wouldnt be to bad, dig a hole splice 3 cables and run them back up, 4-6 hours for a 4 man crew. The bad part would be working around a pole with human flesh burned in it. I dont know how many of you have smelled human flesh burned by electrical fire, but when you got 25,000+ volts it gets real hot and the smell will never go away. I went to one call where a worker was burned and I can still smell it. Electricity aint no joke!!!

yeah man,i worked on the road for about seven years tramped around making good money then started a family been with a utility for 3 years now,its got it's ups and downs politics i guess is the suckiest part about it!!!! but enjoy sleeping in my bed every night.

we got around 47 substations and one hell of a county take care of!!!!

4KV to 46KV maintence and construction both!!!!

other than that i would'nt trade my job for anything!! especially with this screwed up economy!!!!!!

be safe brother

local 558 IBEW and damn proud of it!!!!!!!!!!

oh and yeah northwest al. ( florence utilities)

(city and county)

u like working for GA POWER i got a lot of buddies who work for AL POWER (transmission,distribution,substation,and power plants.

GPC works good for me, I dont have more than a highschool education and I make enough money for my wife to be a stay at home mom, fist baby is due in 2 weeks. loller.gif
The driving sucks, its 120 miles round trip daily for me, but my lil Honda gets 30 mpg even at 230,000 miles.