• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Core 4X4 Challenge #4

okeedokee

would like to get every one opinion on the last event and how can we improve on the this next event, The good and the bad lets hear it all
Duane

NO MUD IN THE OBSTACLE COURSE!!

If people want to mud bog then there are TWO mud boggs to play in.....GO NUTS:awesomework:

The mud "holes" in the O-course sucked....I'm still finding pockets of impacted river silt all over the buggy:mad: Look at it this way.....when I came out of the mud berm,on both runs,I was basically blind and just left it WIDE OPEN and tried to miss the people working the course......it's a safety issue.....yeah thats it:D

Otherwise I thought it went pretty well......except for the people cutting line to the O-course.....ask Bunk

I helped run the obstacle course last time and the biggest issue we had was that we could not run two rigs at a time. There were two separate routes at the beginning of the course but the last half was one course. We could not run two rigs at a time for fear of someone breaking on the last half of the course and running the run the for other rig. In fact there were more than a few people that did break in the last half of the course after it became one.

There needs to be two entirely separate courses so that two rigs can run at the same time and if someone breaks on one course the other can keep going. I also suggest that you do away with the big tire / small tire concept.

Just make the two courses equal and run big

The only complaint I had was waiting in line. I was one of the last vehicles to run and I waited for hours, then people said I was cutting in line. Other then that is was a great event. When is the next one?

I didn't go to the last Challange (other reasons)......but.....I won't go (compete) to the next one IF there is deep mud or water holes to traverse.

Mud + open buggy = :looser:

waiting in line for the O-course suxed, got tired of waiting and said f--- it and left, went back to the rock course and played there some more. (even let the gf run it lol)

I would say you need more mud, gets people out of there comfort zone and makes em think and do things a lil different the just driving down a dry paved freeway....:awesomework:

Hold you promis's of a free meal, free t-shirt and have the food services stay open till a decent hour so those who work the courses can sit down and have a good meal when the day is done...

Lines suck. I went wheelin instead.

If the mud leaves the obsticle course, might as well call it the buggy course.

I always enjoyed the playday at cranberry lake more than the comp weekend.

Sitting in line watching others wheel so you can wheel for ten minutes is not cool. Almost as bad a poker run with jeepers.

Thaugh the O course was ok but it does need 2 totally seperate lines, being i was one of the ones trying to clear the courses as fast as possible.

have people draw a number or give them 1 at tech,stage accordingly and if you miss your spot you go to the back of the line. throw in some sand drags also.was fun but to long of lines....

Yes, some Bleachers for spectaors to sit and watch the different courses would be cool. Not all of us can stand and walk around all day even if we want to. I did enjoy what I could see, but it was far from all of the events or all day.

Everyone is bitching about lines, but the only way to do anything I can see is to start people at different courses (Like a Shot Gun start in Golf Tournaments), this will not do away with lines, but it may make them all a little shorter and faster moving.

I think part of the waiting in line problem was that all the vehicles were supposed to run once then go to the back of the line for their second run, but some people ran twice while others were waiting to run their first time.

How about a play day where you pay at the gate and run whatever, whenever? Open up a gravel pile for a hillclimb too.

:cheer:

Thanks Guys and Gals Keep them coming we need more .
But What if we were to make this a TWO DAY event.
Would that work or not what Do YOU ALL THINK.
DUANE
PS sorry about no lunch for you crash should have said something and could of worked on that for you will not let it happen again

I think part of the waiting in line problem was that all the vehicles were supposed to run once then go to the back of the line for their second run, but some people ran twice while others were waiting to run their first time.

How about a play day where you pay at the gate and run whatever, whenever? Open up a gravel pile for a hillclimb too.

:cheer:

Haha...It was ALL I could do to not lay into one of those piles:redneck:

Two day event sounds great but wow a lot more obstacles would have to be constructed to keep competitors and spectators entertained. Adding something like an inside the culvert 180 tube turn around would be cool. Competitors get to drive over it as well, like we rocks. It would be very entertaining if they found a culvert big enough for larger rigs to turn around inside as well. Those ten foot tall culverts are to small for most 2seaters to get around in. :awesomework:Thanks Core