• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Craftsman wrench

I use Craftsman almost exclusively. Yes the quality has gone down over the years, but the warranty has not. After I found out (at least my local store) that they are commissioned employees, I always go in and spend a couple hundred dollars when I swap out tools. The tools I swap usually are equal to two times the value of the purchase. I tell them I am swapping tools and **I** go and pull all my own replacements. I put them one the counter together, new screwdriver (has UPC code), next to my old one.

I have never had an issue with returning and replacing tools. I did have them once try and give me a ratchet rebuild kit. I told him I was happy to watch him rebuild it, but I was not interested in learning. He went and got me a new ratchet.

One strange thing I have found out and gotten used to, Say, I have a 6" extension that I have beat on and needs replacing, the extension was purchased as a kit with 3 extensions, and they do not sell it separate. You MUST bring in ALL 3 pieces to swap out, as they cannot go into a package and get the one out.

Last time I swapped out a ratchet, they just pulled one from the box of reman'ed ones under the counter. :dunno: So far, it's held up but I have a different one that needs to be swapped now. This tool set I've had for about 25 years.

I like the idea of the vice grip adjustable wrench in the picture. I may ask for one as a Christmas present.

Several years ago I took a broken 3/8" rachet in there to swap out for a new one, and the guy reached under the counter and handed me a rebuilt one with 'Wayne' engraved on it. I was like WTF? I've still got it and it still works though.