• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Craftsman Box....no key, any ideas?

Bones

That Guy
I bought an roller and top box yesterday on a whim (killer deal) and the roller has no key. I am okay with molesting it and ridin' dirty with a beat up box. They are nice ball bearing boxes and would not mind them staying decent for a bit. Sears pimple faces ha dno idea if sears would/can issue a new key, hence the cheaper price laughing1 I assume this is possible, but so is having a locksmith 'pick' it and never locking it again which I am fine with actually. I never lock mine anyway.

Thoughts?

I had an issue like that on a truck tool box and the local locksmith mad me a key to fit it using the numbers off the lock. You could also change the barrel inside the lock.

my dad went to sears down here in bama and hey bought two new locks, one for a box he had and one for a box i have i think they were $19.99 each, i still have mine still in the box, boy am i lazy :drinkers:

Is it locked now and you need it opened? I had the same issue once. I got a new lock assembly. Got the old one out with a 4" grinder. ground off the face then it fell into the box,opened up put new lock in. touched up the paint and you cant tell it was ever messed with.

The craftsman locks have a number on them, you can order a new key, hell you can order any part for them other than the actual box.