• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crash tell me everything you know...

If you use the computer from that 99 donor, you will have to have the VATS flashed out of the computer. 96 and 97 don't have vats, but they moved some of the wires around in the harness plugs after that. In other words, if you use a 99 harness and a 96 -97 computer, you will have to move some pins around at the computer plug ins.

Thanks Trev. Thats the kind of info I need.

If you use the computer from that 99 donor, you will have to have the VATS flashed out of the computer. 96 and 97 don't have vats, but they moved some of the wires around in the harness plugs after that. In other words, if you use a 99 harness and a 96 -97 computer, you will have to move some pins around at the computer plug ins.

Thanks for clearing that up...:awesomework:

I'm talking the non-up armore HUMVEES, I dunno what the civilian side uses. I just know that the 4L60E is junk.

Aren't the 4l60e just a new age PC/ADD version of a 700r4...:redneck:

OK, how about a quick hijack.
I have an 89 S-10 TBI to swap into my CJ-5, I have a Jeep OEM bellhousing (80-81 Iron Duke) that will allow me to install a 5.11-1 T-19 (have it). The Jeep BH requires a 153 tooth flywheel and starter. Do you know what vehicle I can get those from? I see Centerforce lists the flywheel in their catalog, but the price is more than I want to pay.