• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crate motor vs garage built motor

302 block with 351/400M heads :awesomework:

Why would you do that with all of the GOOD aftermarket heads out there?

If you did want to use some stock Ford heads, at least get some factory GT-40 or GT-40P heads and take the die grinder to them.

If you wanted to use something from the 335 series, get some Ausi 351C heads.

I thought the newest ford trend was to throw away the 3 0-turd and drop in a 350. Seems like all the vanilla ice wanna be's are doing that in there mustangs:puke:

I thought the newest ford trend was to throw away the 3 0-turd and drop in a 350. Seems like all the vanilla ice wanna be's are doing that in there mustangs:puke:

No, the chevy guys are buying fox bodys to put their motors in since they are easier to set up as a drag car with bolt on parts.

And that horsepower tv 454 vs 460 comparo was bullshit. The 454 had more compression, cam, and way better heads.

how much you looking to get for it? Like i said my buddies dad closed down his shop (waterhouse motors) and thinks he might have some parts laying around so I am going to check him out also

I have an 88 truck 351. The crank was bad, and the heads were junk. It's std bore. I have the main caps, rods and pistons. Otherwise it's a bare block that's ready for your machining.

$100 sound fair?

No, the chevy guys are buying fox bodys to put their motors in since they are easier to set up as a drag car with bolt on parts.QUOTE]

the heart of the stang is still the chevy motor tho. no goin wrong there :D chevy just didnt make any light cars in the 90s like ford did with the stang. as the saying goes, every good ford has chevy running gear :beer:

86chevyjoe said:
the heart of the stang is still the chevy motor tho. no goin wrong there :D chevy just didnt make any light cars in the 90s like ford did with the stang. as the saying goes, every good ford has chevy running gear :beer:

LOL....

The specs that I found say the 1990 Mustang is 2996 lbs, and the Camaro is 3025... so you telling me that these guys swap to a Chevy engine to save 29lbs of body weight, that they loose anyways as a 350 weights roughly 75lbs MORE than the 5.0? :haha::haha::haha: That seems like Chevy logic :haha:

LOL....

The specs that I found say the 1990 Mustang is 2996 lbs, and the Camaro is 3025... so you telling me that these guys swap to a Chevy engine to save 29lbs of body weight, that they loose anyways as a 350 weights roughly 75lbs MORE than the 5.0? :haha::haha::haha: That seems like Chevy logic :haha:

Besides, didn't most Camaros of that vintage come with the 305?

No, the chevy guys are buying fox bodys to put their motors in since they are easier to set up as a drag car with bolt on parts.QUOTE]

That's ahhhh "Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.":D

I have an 88 truck 351. The crank was bad, and the heads were junk. It's std bore. I have the main caps, rods and pistons. Otherwise it's a bare block that's ready for your machining.

$100 sound fair?

Ill keep that in mind, guy i work with said hes got a good crank :awesomework:

No, the chevy guys are buying fox bodys to put their motors in since they are easier to set up as a drag car with bolt on parts.

And that horsepower tv 454 vs 460 comparo was bullshit. The 454 had more compression, cam, and way better heads.

spoken as a true ford guy :rolleyes:

LOL....

I'm almost 99.999999999% sure that chevy guys aren't doing these swaps.

Gain 75 pounds lose a headache yup chevy logic

Last edited:
What, pointing out the obvious that ford puts out superior products with better fit, finish, and materials than GM? :hi:

Yes exactly there products are far supirior in every way, thousands of old fords with sbc's can't be wrong:haha::haha:

Yes exactly there products are far supirior in every way, thousands of old fords with sbc's can't be wrong:haha::haha:

One thing is for certain, Ford is a far more stable business than GM as proven by the lack of Ford taking a Gov't bail-out and stil increasing sales.

If Chevy & GM were all that and a bag of chips you'd still have something to wipe your ass with in the outhouse :awesomework:

Lots of people have Payless Shoe Source boots too... not cause their better, but because they are what they can afford....