• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crawl box problems, help ASAP

jzmudbogger

Well I have basically finished the buggy and fired it up and played with the t-cases. the crawl box shifts forward into HI, but when trying to shift it towards the back to put it into LOW it stops and sits in NEUTRAL. I think that the shift fork is hitting the trans, meaning I would have to cut it down. Can I just deal with the crawl box being in HI for next weekend without hurting anything?

What do you guys think? I got to get it ready by the 30th

Well I have basically finished the buggy and fired it up and played with the t-cases. the crawl box shifts forward into HI, but when trying to shift it towards the back to put it into LOW it stops and sits in NEUTRAL. I think that the shift fork is hitting the trans, meaning I would have to cut it down. Can I just deal with the crawl box being in HI for next weekend without hurting anything?

What do you guys think? I got to get it ready by the 30th

Yes your shaft is too long (by like 3/8") (and that just sounds wrong :haha:).

But yes its not going to hurt a thing:haha:--you just won't be able to get your long shaft into low :D

I figured my shaft was to long. This is what I don't like people/places work on my rigs, I had to unbolt the t case to slide it back to put the gasket in since they did install it. And now to find out that the shaft is to long is just great, hopefully I don't destroy the gasket when I remove it to fix the problem.

aww don't worry I am a silicone king, I love ultra black. I am going to just pull or slide the t cases back to fix it today. If you want it done right you got to do it yourself.

Isn't low still forwRd on the crawlbox? Or is it different for every setup ?

\/
/\ a stick boy illustration! :redneck: But when the shifter moves forward, the rail is actually pushed back, and the rail hits the rear case...

wait wait, I'm confused cause my crawl box shifts forward and engages, but I thought that was HI. But when shifting back toward the rear case it stops in neutral, isn't that low?

when you push the stick forward pushing toward the firewall you are engaging low when you pull the stick towards you you have neutral then high..
L
N
H
this is your shift pattern

Put the rear case in LO4wd.

Now push the front cases lever toward the dash. Thats LOW LOW.

If the rear case is LO4wd then the front lever should make three click when moved, lo neu hi.

Now leave the front lever pushed forward towards the dash (low) and put the rear lever back in Hi or 2wd.

If while shifting the rear lever you notice the front lever being "kicked out" of lo range, then you have shafts touching each other and will need to be cut/shortened.

I have not had one ever hit the case, only the shafts hitting each other.

The only drawback is that you wont be able to shift 2wdLO. The rear case will always have to be in low before the front case can be shifted into low.

thanks for all the help guys. I slide the crawler box back to see what was going on and sure enough the shaft was hitting the transmission, so I just cut off 3/8 of the shaft off and now the crawl box has HI and LOW. I always had LOW in the crawl box so by doing what I did I fix HI. time to fix the leaking bead locks, back into the garage.

thanks for all the help guys. I slide the crawler box back to see what was going on and sure enough the shaft was hitting the transmission, so I just cut off 3/8 of the shaft off and now the crawl box has HI and LOW. I always had LOW in the crawl box so by doing what I did I fix HI. time to fix the leaking bead locks, back into the garage.

Get your chit fixed and go to Naches with us on the 4th of July weekend. Most of the snow will be gone! Guaranteed!! :;

Latest posts