• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crawler to a side by side?

crawler 129

Roll Tide
Thinking about selling crawler and going 2 a rzr. What size 800 or 900 pro's and cons. I have never had one and went and rode one over the W/E and think I may be hooked.

Depends on what you want to do. The 800s will do better rock crawling since it doesn't have the trailing arms and radius rods to hang on (both could be changed with aftermarket parts). The xp does better shootin big hills and softer on landings. Either will climb like a goat. Good luck

borrowed a sxs to go hang some banners at a local park for the crawl event last year. i thought it would be quicker and easier to get around in than the buggy. DEAD WRONG, sure in a open field or trail with little to no rock but on a normal trail, you can have your sxs all day long. it wasn't a tricked out rzr but it did have some speed. it was only really usable in a field.

Its all according to what you enjoy. I've had my fair share of buggies and jeeps and a few different rzr's . The rzr's are a lot of fun especially if u have a few buddies chasing each other through tight woods. However I always end up selling and going back to a buggy. I plan on eventually getting a rzr for my wife because she enjoys them and it fun to haul to kids on but I will keep a buggy as well.

i went from samurai rigs with to a 800s and now in a 900xp. I still ride alot of the same trails in the rzr. There alot of fun if you got someone else to ride with like said above. Chasing each other through the woods is a rush. Skip the 800 and get the 900. Well worth it. Just invest in a good belly pan. Trail Armor makes a great set. Its what alot of us run.

I don't think its really fair to compare a rzr to a crawler. I loved my Tacoma, but I also love the rzr. Tons of fun trail riding the same trails that bored me in the taco. Also a lot easier for me to load up and take off from the house vs. the Tacoma.

If you get one stay away from a polaris. I kno ill get flamed but who cares. Ive had several sxs an 3 were polaris an all i dod was work on them. Poorly made with cheap parts. Most aftermarket manufactures cater to the polaris brand because of the known weakness'. Unless your gonna race the xp is overkill. Mine was a 900 an was great out in the open but soon as you started crawlin its weakness showed. Out of all the sxs the one that started it all is best. Yamaha rhino.

Kycrip said:
If you get one stay away from a polaris. I kno ill get flamed but who cares. Ive had several sxs an 3 were polaris an all i dod was work on them. Poorly made with cheap parts. Most aftermarket manufactures cater to the polaris brand because of the known weakness'. Unless your gonna race the xp is overkill. Mine was a 900 an was great out in the open but soon as you started crawlin its weakness showed. Out of all the sxs the one that started it all is best. Yamaha rhino.

Seriously???? :wtflol:

I've had 2 RZRs a 800 with long travel kit and a 900 now and the 900 is where it's at! :****: the 900 has more power over the 800 to shoot up hills and jump over a ledge or what not, but both 800 S and 900 XP are great machines :dblthumb:

As far as they tear up and all that yea if you beat on anything hard enough it will eventually break but they are pretty tough IMO especially for what they will climb

I think all them little buzzin' around SxS's ain't worth a velvet painting of a dolphin and a whale gettin' it on. :flipoff1:

[we need that ^^^ as a quick smilie on here]

TacomaJD said:
I think all them little buzzin' around SxS's ain't worth a velvet painting of a dolphin and a whale gettin' it on. :flipoff1:

[we need that ^^^ as a quick smilie on here]

One thing bout it the rear suspension on my RZR works better than the suspension on the rear of that leanin truck... :flipoff1:

B.DRAKE said:
One thing bout it the rear suspension on my RZR works better than the suspension on the rear of that leanin truck... :flipoff1:

I know that's right! I guess everything has at least one good thing going for it :****:

I don't hate sxs's, I just like stirring the pot. Unless yer queer and ride a sxs......then I hate it. ;D