• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crazy Question, but. . .

zukimaster

Hold my beer and watch this!
I noticed you can buy a ford dana 60 ( drivers drop) alot cheaper than a GM, think a man could more or less switch the axle tubes and hardware from one side to the other and make a pass drop? never messed with one of these, so yall take it easy on me if i ask a stupid question :dunno:

yep, drill the plug welds, press tubes out,

It helps if you have a huge press, but it can be done with a torch and some sledge hammering... :dblthumb:

a buddy flipped a 44 to pass side drop to accomplish the same thing.

I couldnt get the plug welds cut/burned/removed from my 60 so i just did the cut/sleeve method and ran stock length shafts in it. HP60 on the passanger side was sweet in my CJ then Mazda.. sold the housing here not too long ago...

Rokcrler said:
I couldnt get the plug welds cut/burned/removed from my 60 so i just did the cut/sleeve method and ran stock length shafts in it. HP60 on the passanger side was sweet in my CJ then Mazda.. sold the housing here not too long ago...

Cut/sleeve would probably be a lot easier for most people in the garage. Just chop the tube off at the diff, put a internal sleeve on each side, swap tubes and welder it all back together.

Rockwells607 said:
The high pinion ford 60 surely is stronger than the low pinion Chevy 60

What about for climbing **** in reverse? laughing1 That's when Chad usually breaks all his **** molaugh molaugh molaugh

TacomaJD said:
What about for climbing **** in reverse? laughing1 That's when Chad usually breaks all his **** molaugh molaugh molaugh

True, true... That's why i have a 14 bolt front... yeah... :wtflol:

Cheap 14 bolt rear + Dana 50 super duty front outers = Cheap 14 bolt front

If I not telling ****, the outer of the ford is bigger ! I think you have 35splines versus 30 for the GM.

fab21 said:
If I not telling ****, the outer of the ford is bigger ! I think you have 35splines versus 30 for the GM.

Only 2005+ Ford Super Duty Dana 60 has 35 spline outer.

Before that, ALL Dana 60s had 30 spline outers (or smaller in the really old stuff)

TBItoy said:
True, true... That's why i have a 14 bolt front... yeah... :wtflol:

Cheap 14 bolt rear + Dana 50 super duty front outers = Cheap 14 bolt front

What are you putting that in Nick?

Neal3000 said:
What are you putting that in Nick?

tube buggy. I'm not doing the A class stock bronco chassis buggy anymore.

I got the 351w/c6/1356/205 drivetrain, picked up a 14bolt front and D70 rear steer axle.

My plans are eternally changing though, so we'll see...