• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CRD jeep liberty

Anthony1

Has anyone built a liberty to be a very mild weekend thrasher? For some reason I think one would be fun but don't know much about them. :corn:

i saw a guy last year at KOH that had one with yota axles sat low but never seen just like just super mild except my friend has one with a 3 inch rancho and lockers so
it can be done but personally dont know much either

My internet searches have come up with they have week torque converters and the timing belt needs to be done every 100k. Other than that people seem to really like them. I'm just looking for something I can run up to the woods in for the day. I'm thinking a mild lift, some decent tires, a winch and some sliders are all it would need. Everything I currently own is to big, to nice or not street legal.

Last edited:
I have been dreaming of modding my 06 liberty but its my daily so really just a mild lift and 1 or 2 tires sizes I have ready a couple good write ups most people recommend old man emu but they say get the bumpers and what not before as there are different spring rates if you add a bunch of weight them.

I remember when S&N did the SAS for Trail Ready's Liberty. It was pretty bad ass considering the Liberty wasn't out for very long and I think they were the first to have done one.

This was back in 2004'ish? It was all documented on the SNORT4x4.COM board.

A guy bought some parts from me a few years back, and he was telling me about his Liberty he wheels.
If I remember right, it had ARB bumpers, a mild lift and lockers.

either way sounds like a fun build to do there is a guy on ig that has a diesel lib on 33s and belly pan etc looks to to a fun rig to wheel small track width and a decent amount of torque so i look forward to seeing it happen

Here is one that I followed a couple of years back. It is a pretty aggressive build compared to just running 33's...BUT shows where you could go with one.

Take a look through these archives and check it out. Pretty stout rig once done up. There are also numerous videos of it from when BDS took it on the 2014 UA.

http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?cat=393

Hope this helps.